LSI SAS 9305-24i HBA: Possible to get controller temperature?

amvolante

Hello.  I have 2 LSI SAS 9305-24i host bus adapters which I use to connect my hard drives to my motherboard.  Is there any way to get AIDA64 to read the controller temperature?  I can see the hard drive temperatures connected to it but not the temperature of the controller.   I seem to be able to get the temperature through the MegaRaid software, but it doesn't refresh automatically and is really annoying to use just to check the temperature.  I see LSI Raid is an option in the sensor settings, but it doesn't show the controller temp.  I'd post a sensor dump, but I'm not sure which one applies in this case.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:02 PM, amvolante said:

Hello.  I have 2 LSI SAS 9305-24i host bus adapters which I use to connect my hard drives to my motherboard.  Is there any way to get AIDA64 to read the controller temperature?  I can see the hard drive temperatures connected to it but not the temperature of the controller.   I seem to be able to get the temperature through the MegaRaid software, but it doesn't refresh automatically and is really annoying to use just to check the temperature.  I see LSI Raid is an option in the sensor settings, but it doesn't show the controller temp.  I'd post a sensor dump, but I'm not sure which one applies in this case.

We've checked, and the LSI libraries aren't seem to be able to provide thermal readings for the controller, so we cannot measure it from AIDA64 :(