CPU temperature never moves (Asus ROG Strix B350-I Gaming)

cqman

CPU: R5 3600(not OC)

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX B350-I GAMING(lastest BIOS)

AIDA64:6.10.5200

For the most part, everything goes well. But sometimes the CPU temp. never move both standby and burn-up. This problem disappear after reboot(cpu temp. moves normally), but reappear randomly after several mins or hours. 

TIM截图20191017153758.png

7 minutes ago, cqman said:

CPU: R5 3600(not OC)

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING(lastest BIOS)

AIDA64:6.10.5200

For the most part, everything goes well. But sometimes the CPU temp. never move both standby and burn-up. This problem disappear after reboot(cpu temp. moves normally), but reappear randomly after several mins or hours. 

TIM截图20191017153758.png

Please post a screenshot of the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64.

By the way, there's another problem: CPU and/or CASE fan shows 0 speed(cpu temperature goes normally, but the fans speed sensor gone), in fact, those fans work with very low speed but not stopped. I have a AX206 screen monitoring those fans speed. After reboot, this problem disappear too.

TIM截图20191019160901.jpg

TIM截图20191019161344.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, cqman said:

By the way, there's another problem: CPU and/or CASE fan shows 0 speed(cpu temperature goes normally, but the fans speed sensor gone), in fact, those fans work with very low speed but not stopped. I have a AX206 screen monitoring those fans speed. After reboot, this problem disappear too.

Thank you for the photos.  I suppose the issue is because of the problem with Asus AM4 motherboards where concurrent access by a 3rd party monitoring tool (like AIDA64) and the motherboard BIOS can cause collisions which could make the fans to act up.  In case your motherboard supports Asus WMI ACPI interface, you can try switching to that to avoid the collisions: go to AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability / tick the option called: Asus WMI sensor support and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.  If you cannot see the 2nd line on the Computer / Sensor page to change to "Asus WMI", then your motherboard doesn't support the new Asus monitoring interface and so we cannot fix the problem from our end.

BTW, you've got a nice AX206 there ;) 

Thx for reply. I've checked the options: default value is on of Asus WMI sensor support, then I disable this thing and restart AIDA64, it seems that nothing different happened. The 2nd line on the Computer / Sensor page still show ITE IT8665E(MMIO F7000000h).

TIM截图20191021202129.png

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, cqman said:

Thx for reply. I've checked the options: default value is on of Asus WMI sensor support, then I disable this thing and restart AIDA64, it seems that nothing different happened. The 2nd line on the Computer / Sensor page still show ITE IT8665E(MMIO F7000000h).

If you can see sensor type listed as "ITE IT8665E (MMIO F7000000h)" no matter how you have the option Asus WMI sensor support set, it means your motherboard doesn't support the Asus WMI ACPI interface.  Please note that without that interface collisions between the motherboard BIOS and AIDA64 will occur, and it can cause minor (or sometimes even major) issues.