Sensor Panel Optimizations ?

Mors

Hi Guys,

I am moving away from Goverlay and wanted to use the Sensor Panel.  I just bought a nice 11.6 inch second display to handle the sensor panel.  I currently have started my configuration but running into something that shouldn't be happening I think.  I have the update intervals set to 1000ms.  The panel does update but studders a bit at times.   Also I noticed thinks like CPU utilization shows wrong figures.   Task manager says cpu is 16% but sensor panel says 6-9% and gets stuck on numbers sometimes.  CPU idols at 1 to 2 % and the panel shows 0%.   Is there something I can do to get this to update correctly ?

Since I got the TT controller issue under control now I need to true up the monitoring. 

I have an ASUS Maximus XI Apex mother board.

17 hours ago, Mors said:

Hi Guys,

I am moving away from Goverlay and wanted to use the Sensor Panel.  I just bought a nice 11.6 inch second display to handle the sensor panel.  I currently have started my configuration but running into something that shouldn't be happening I think.  I have the update intervals set to 1000ms.  The panel does update but studders a bit at times.   Also I noticed thinks like CPU utilization shows wrong figures.   Task manager says cpu is 16% but sensor panel says 6-9% and gets stuck on numbers sometimes.  CPU idols at 1 to 2 % and the panel shows 0%.   Is there something I can do to get this to update correctly ?

Since I got the TT controller issue under control now I need to true up the monitoring. 

I have an ASUS Maximus XI Apex mother board.

Measuring CPU utilization (CPU load) is a tricky issue, since the CPU load (as measured) of modern CPUs are affected by the measurement of the CPU load itself :)  So it's quite normal that you experience a different load if you look at different software.  With AIDA64 the CPU load is affected by the tons of measurements that AIDA64 does in each cycle to collect all the sensor measurements and system measurements (like CPU clock, GPU clock, etc).

hmm ok. I just didn't think it was looking at all the threads of my i9-9900k and was missing something . I just wanted the real time cpu utilization not the cpu queue rate(load).  I guess I can live with it unless there is a way I can tighten that up a bit.   

One other question around if I can add more items to the sensor list.  I am moving away from another solution and it seems they have over 2 times the data available than I currently do with Aida64.   Not saying that is a good thing but items like the dimm temps and ryujin 360 pump speed etc are missing.  I have been working with the stabilization settings and I think I have everything setup correctly for a 100% ASUS ROG build. 

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, Mors said:

hmm ok. I just didn't think it was looking at all the threads of my i9-9900k and was missing something . I just wanted the real time cpu utilization not the cpu queue rate(load).  I guess I can live with it unless there is a way I can tighten that up a bit.   

One other question around if I can add more items to the sensor list.  I am moving away from another solution and it seems they have over 2 times the data available than I currently do with Aida64.   Not saying that is a good thing but items like the dimm temps and ryujin 360 pump speed etc are missing.  I have been working with the stabilization settings and I think I have everything setup correctly for a 100% ASUS ROG build. 

Don't worry, we will handle the mentioned issues (DIMM thermal readings and Ryujin 360 support) in their individual topics here on this forum.