SteelSeries Apex Pro Keyboard Display

DerTod2

Hello,

Currently trying AIDA64 before buying the software. At first look the software is really good and everything what i need is there. Except one thing. 

Under "Hardware Monitoring > LCD" there is an "SteelSeries" entry but when activating the error "HID device 1038-1730 not found" is shown. Is the "Apex Pro Keyboard" currently not supported and/or are there plans to support it in newer versions? Or is the error on my side? (SteelSeries Engine is running and recognises my keyboard)

Thanks for your help.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:36 PM, DerTod2 said:

Hello,

Currently trying AIDA64 before buying the software. At first look the software is really good and everything what i need is there. Except one thing. 

Under "Hardware Monitoring > LCD" there is an "SteelSeries" entry but when activating the error "HID device 1038-1730 not found" is shown. Is the "Apex Pro Keyboard" currently not supported and/or are there plans to support it in newer versions? Or is the error on my side? (SteelSeries Engine is running and recognises my keyboard)

Thanks for your help.

The SteelSeries LCD module currently only supports the Rival 710 Gaming Mouse.  We need to implement support for your keyboard in AIDA64.  Please help us by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:57 PM, DerTod2 said:

Thanks for your replay,

attached the usb dump. Hope there are no problems that many outputs are in german.

usb dump.txt 24.11 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you.  I'm afraid the protocol differs from the one used in other SteelSeries products that we've got, so we need to order an Apex Pro keyboard to let us do our research on how to communicate with its OLED display.  Please give us 1 or 2 weeks to order the unit and work on it.  I'll let you know in this topic once we have a new AIDA64 update that you can try on your Apex Pro.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:24 PM, DerTod2 said:

Thanks. Amazing work so far :)

We've implemented support for the OLED display of SteelSeries Apex 7 and Apex Pro keyboards in the latest AIDA64 beta build:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

You can activate it in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / SteelSeries.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello Fiery/AIDA64 Developer,

I would like to know where you found the technical documentation with the description of the communication protocol for the SteelSeries OLED Display (Apex Pro and Apex 7). (By the way, in this thread, it is called "LCD Display" but I guess it makes no difference)

Could you kindly share it ?

Your help will be welcome and will save us time !

[ Note : Since this query is not directly related to AIDA64, I did not create a new thread for it. ]  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 12:21 PM, Morbius said:

Hello Fiery/AIDA64 Developer,

I would like to know where you found the technical documentation with the description of the communication protocol for the SteelSeries OLED Display (Apex Pro and Apex 7). (By the way, in this thread, it is called "LCD Display" but I guess it makes no difference)

Could you kindly share it ?

Your help will be welcome and will save us time !

[ Note : Since this query is not directly related to AIDA64, I did not create a new thread for it. ]  

We've figured out the protocol using proprietary tools.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 3:32 PM, Fiery said:

We've implemented support for the OLED display of SteelSeries Apex 7 and Apex Pro keyboards in the latest AIDA64 beta build:

You can activate it in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / SteelSeries.

Totally forgot this. But yes it works, bought an 3-years license and amazing work! Thanks :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 5:32 PM, wygrant said:

Hello,is this work with steelseries apex 5 ? or will be implemented ?

We definitely has plans to implement support for Apex 5.  Please help us on that by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, brutal6pointOhh said:

Hi!
What's the status on Steelseries APEX 5 keyboard OLED display?
I added usbdump.txt from my part (for Steelseries APEX 5).

Is it possible to squeeze that into next beta? :P

Yes! And thank you for the dump :)  Here it is:

Let me know how it works ;) 

• 6 months later...