SteelSeries Apex Pro Keyboard Display

DerTod2

Hello,

Currently trying AIDA64 before buying the software. At first look the software is really good and everything what i need is there. Except one thing. 

Under "Hardware Monitoring > LCD" there is an "SteelSeries" entry but when activating the error "HID device 1038-1730 not found" is shown. Is the "Apex Pro Keyboard" currently not supported and/or are there plans to support it in newer versions? Or is the error on my side? (SteelSeries Engine is running and recognises my keyboard)

Thanks for your help.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:36 PM, DerTod2 said:

Hello,

Currently trying AIDA64 before buying the software. At first look the software is really good and everything what i need is there. Except one thing. 

Under "Hardware Monitoring > LCD" there is an "SteelSeries" entry but when activating the error "HID device 1038-1730 not found" is shown. Is the "Apex Pro Keyboard" currently not supported and/or are there plans to support it in newer versions? Or is the error on my side? (SteelSeries Engine is running and recognises my keyboard)

Thanks for your help.

The SteelSeries LCD module currently only supports the Rival 710 Gaming Mouse.  We need to implement support for your keyboard in AIDA64.  Please help us by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:57 PM, DerTod2 said:

Thanks for your replay,

attached the usb dump. Hope there are no problems that many outputs are in german.

usb dump.txt 24.11 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you.  I'm afraid the protocol differs from the one used in other SteelSeries products that we've got, so we need to order an Apex Pro keyboard to let us do our research on how to communicate with its OLED display.  Please give us 1 or 2 weeks to order the unit and work on it.  I'll let you know in this topic once we have a new AIDA64 update that you can try on your Apex Pro.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:24 PM, DerTod2 said:

Thanks. Amazing work so far :)

We've implemented support for the OLED display of SteelSeries Apex 7 and Apex Pro keyboards in the latest AIDA64 beta build:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

You can activate it in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / SteelSeries.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello Fiery/AIDA64 Developer,

I would like to know where you found the technical documentation with the description of the communication protocol for the SteelSeries OLED Display (Apex Pro and Apex 7). (By the way, in this thread, it is called "LCD Display" but I guess it makes no difference)

Could you kindly share it ?

Your help will be welcome and will save us time !

[ Note : Since this query is not directly related to AIDA64, I did not create a new thread for it. ]  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 12:21 PM, Morbius said:

Hello Fiery/AIDA64 Developer,

I would like to know where you found the technical documentation with the description of the communication protocol for the SteelSeries OLED Display (Apex Pro and Apex 7). (By the way, in this thread, it is called "LCD Display" but I guess it makes no difference)

Could you kindly share it ?

Your help will be welcome and will save us time !

[ Note : Since this query is not directly related to AIDA64, I did not create a new thread for it. ]  

We've figured out the protocol using proprietary tools.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 3:32 PM, Fiery said:

We've implemented support for the OLED display of SteelSeries Apex 7 and Apex Pro keyboards in the latest AIDA64 beta build:

You can activate it in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / SteelSeries.

Totally forgot this. But yes it works, bought an 3-years license and amazing work! Thanks :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 5:32 PM, wygrant said:

Hello,is this work with steelseries apex 5 ? or will be implemented ?

We definitely has plans to implement support for Apex 5.  Please help us on that by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, brutal6pointOhh said:

Hi!
What's the status on Steelseries APEX 5 keyboard OLED display?
I added usbdump.txt from my part (for Steelseries APEX 5).

Is it possible to squeeze that into next beta? :P

Yes! And thank you for the dump :)  Here it is:

Let me know how it works ;) 

• 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Fiery
      The new AIDA64 update introduces support for AMD Epyc 7003 Series processors, monitoring of Corsair RGB Pro XT sensor values, and supports the latest AMD and Intel CPU platforms as well as the new graphics and GPGPU computing technologies by both AMD and nVIDIA.

AIDA64 for Huawei devices
      AIDA64 for Android has crossed the 10 million download mark at the Play Store. It is also available now in the Huawei AppGallery, a blooming app store that offers automatic updates and various security features.
      New features & improvements
      - Enhanced support for AMD Epyc 7003 “Milan” CPU
      - SteelSeries Apex 5 OLED display support
      - Aqua Computer High Flow Next sensor support
      - Monitoring of Corsair H60i, H100i, H115i, H150i RGB Pro XT liquid coolers
      - Improvements for Intel B560 and Z590 chipset based motherboards
      - NZXT Smart Device sensor support
      - GPU details for AMD Radeon RX 6700 Series
      - GPU details for nVIDIA CMP 30HX, CMP 40HX, GeForce GT 1010
      What's new since AIDA64 v6.00
      - SHA3-512 cryptographic hash benchmark utilizing AVX, AVX2 and AVX-512
      - AVX-512 accelerated benchmarks for Intel “Ice Lake”, “Rocket Lake”, “Tiger Lake” processors
      - AVX2 and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for AMD Zen 2 “Matisse” and “Renoir” processors
      - AVX2 and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for AMD Zen 3 “Vermeer” and “Cezanne” processors
      - AVX accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for Zhaoxin ZX-C+, KaiXian KX-5000, KaiXian KX-6000 processors
      - SSE4 optimized 64-bit benchmarks for Intel "Lakefield" SoC
      - Further optimized SHA3-512 cryptographic hash benchmark
      - Art.Lebedev Optimus Popularis, BeadaPanel, El Gato Stream Deck, EVGA Z10 RGB, Matrix Orbital EVE3 LCD display support
      - SteelSeries Apex 7, Apex 7 TKL, Apex Pro, Apex Pro TKL, Rival 710 OLED OLED display support
      - Corsair H100i Platinum and H115i Platinum liquid cooler sensor support
      - NZXT Kraken X53, X63, X73, Z63, Z73 sensor support
      - Enhanced RGB LED monitoring module
      - Cooler Master MP750 RGB LED mousepad support
      - Aqua Computer Octo, Corsair Obsidian 1000D, EVGA iCX2, EVGA iCX3, Farbwerk 360, NZXT GRID+ V3 sensor support
      - Full support for Hygon C86 “Mukti/Dhyana” CPU
      - Improved support for 3rd generation AMD Threadripper processors
      - Improved support for Intel “Comet Lake” and “Ice Lake” CPUs
      - Improvements for AMD A520, B550, X570 chipset based motherboards
      - Support for PCI Express 4.0 controllers and devices
      - Preliminary support for Intel "Alder Lake", “Elkhart Lake”, “Jasper Lake” CPUs
      - Enhanced support for LGA-1200 motherboards
      - Advanced support for LSI RAID controllers
      - NVMe 1.4 support
      - OpenCL 3.0 support
      - SMBIOS 3.4.0 support
      - GPU details for AMD Radeon Pro W5500, Radeon RX 590 GME, Radeon RX 5500, Radeon RX 5600 XT, Radeon RX 5700, Radeon RX 6800, Radeon RX 6900, Radeon VII Series
      - GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1600, GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, GeForce MX330, GeForce MX350, GeForce MX450, GeForce RTX 2000 Super, GeForce RTX 2060 Series, GeForce RTX 3000 Series
      - Preliminary support for AMD “Navi” GPUs
      - Fixed handling of per-core HyperThreading (Intel Comet Lake-S)
      - Fixed lockup at startup on systems with multiple CPU groups
      - Retired SHA1 and VP8 benchmarks
      [ Press Release (English) ]
      [ Press Release (magyar) ]
      [ What's new in AIDA64 v6.33 ]
      [ Download ]
    • By axium
      Hi all! 
      I was recently brain storming on how to display sensor info from aida64 SSE. I wasn't a huge fan on having a secondary sensor display connected through HDMI, as windows does weird things when you have 'multiple' displays connected and even windows 11 doesn't fix it. 
      So I came up with a solution to display the sensor info through a raspberry pi, a web browser and a tiny bit of javascript. 
      If this could be of any use to anyone else, please feel free to either create a PR or fork it and play around with it on your own. 
      https://github.com/DmitrySychev/aida64-remote-sensor-FBEHD-01

• By WanaGo
      Hello,
      I hope this hasn't already been covered, not found this exact question though already asked.
      4D Systems makes a bunch of LCD products which mainly have UART interfaces. They are not primary display interfaces, so don't take an HDMI input etc from your PC, they can be programmed to handle serial data and display it in various ways. You design the GUI yourself in their IDE and then you feed it the data you want in the known format, and make it do what you like with that data.
      What I am trying to find out is if there is a way to use AIDA64 to collect the data from the PC, such as CPU temperature etc, and send the data out the UART to the display. I don't want all the graphics from AIDA64, all I want is the data for the sensors.
      I have used AIDA64 for a while, going to a external HDMI monitor and displaying data on that, and it works, but now and then I get issues where windows decides the little monitor is the primary, or the mouse goes in there and gets stuck, and all sorts of other weird things. I also dont want it loading my GPU at all, I just want it off that whole system entirely.
      Is there a way to have AIDA64 export in a stream the selected Sensor data, to the serial UART? These 4D displays can handle BAUD's into the MBaud rates, so not 9600 or 115200 type levels.
      If there is, can you please point me in the right direction.
      If there is a way to get this data, I can create a demo project use a 4D Systems display, and post that up here for other people to use as a base. I have used 4D displays for years in various applications at work and around the house, we build full systems at work using their products, and it just seems the perfect application for PC Chassis builds, rather than using HDMI type solutions off the GPU. Let the display do the GUI 'heavy lifting' itself with its GPU and just feed it the data it is looking for from AIDA64.
      Any tips would be appreciated
      Regards
      W