is DirectX supposed to update too ?

Mors

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 3:56 AM, Mors said:

Well just it doesn't update which dx version is being used by the game.  when it first starts up it says DX12 but never changes to DX11 when I play a game using DX11.  In the past I had this option and had gotten used to it :)

I'm confused. AIDA64 was never able to detect whether a certain application or game is using DX9, DX10, DX11 or DX12.

ahh well as you can see in the screenshot above it does detect directX as it says windows is natively  using directX 12.0 in yellow.  Riva statistics tuner can detect the directx a game is using and can be OSD'd if I wanted.  I thought you had some type of code in your solution that did the same.  Goverlay for instance can read this and change with the games.  Right now it does one read as to which directx is being used and never changes.  Similar to the same bug I see with CPU Mhz speed.  This might be a feature request in stead.   There is a selection for directx in your product. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 8:10 AM, Mors said:

ahh well as you can see in the screenshot above it does detect directX as it says windows is natively  using directX 12.0 in yellow.  Riva statistics tuner can detect the directx a game is using and can be OSD'd if I wanted.  I thought you had some type of code in your solution that did the same.  Goverlay for instance can read this and change with the games.  Right now it does one read as to which directx is being used and never changes.  Similar to the same bug I see with CPU Mhz speed.  This might be a feature request in stead.   There is a selection for directx in your product. 

In your case, DirectX 12 is the highest installed DirectX version, so it's completely static.  Unfortunately showing the currently utilized DirectX (Direct3D) version -- while running a game for example -- would require developing separate plugins for at least D3D9, D3D10, D3D11 and D3D12.  Which is quite a challenge and quite a lot of work to detect such information that we deem would only be useful for a handful of AIDA64 users :(  Sometimes the amount of work needed to come up with a new feature makes it only feasable to perform the job when there's a greater demand for it.