How can I transpose an item table to a reference table?

Good day!

All my reports are placed in the database, but the problem is that I want to make a transposition of information, and from the item table where monitors are described for example, make a table reference for all monitors on computers.
That is a unique reference table
The problem is that it happens for some reason when two monitors are connected to the computer, but they differ slightly in characteristics (quite a bit, but they are still different)
So I get this way I can not distinguish them as they are different monitors.
I can determine their uniqueness by a set of values of certain fields, but in this case, as if the item table does not have a column with the number of the monitor instance (like ISequel), so that it was possible to group monitor instances by it

For clarity, there is a screenshot of my situation at the bottom.
I. e. 2 monitors are connected to the computer, absolutely identical-but except for the serial number and release date,
and when uploading the report to the database-I can't process this information so that I understand that in the report there are 2 monitors, if they differ in name, then it would still be possible to group them, but not in this case.
And this is where it would help a lot to have an additional field Sequel by which I would be able to group, and understand that there are 2 or more pieces.

Similar situations are suitable for many other types of information where there are many similar devices

image2.png

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:43 AM, strelkov.av said:

For clarity, there is a screenshot of my situation at the bottom.
I. e. 2 monitors are connected to the computer, absolutely identical-but except for the serial number and release date,
and when uploading the report to the database-I can't process this information so that I understand that in the report there are 2 monitors, if they differ in name, then it would still be possible to group them, but not in this case.
And this is where it would help a lot to have an additional field Sequel by which I would be able to group, and understand that there are 2 or more pieces.

Similar situations are suitable for many other types of information where there are many similar devices

IMHO it should be fairly easy to do that without altering AIDA64.  For example, you can add the ISequel field to the Item table, and use a script to scan the table for multiple instances of "Monitor Name" and fill the ISequel fields accordingly.  You only need to do it once, for those lines where ISequel is not yet filled in, so it shouldn't be a constant resource-hogging process to be running on your SQL server.

• 3 months later...

Returning to the old question, your case is basically suitable for implementation, but I noticed that in certain cases, namely in my case with memory modules, this option is not suitable, because it seems that in my network there are computers whose memory modules may not be fully defined, and the reports do not contain the first mandatory field, which I could cling to and on the basis of it consider the script instance

In other words, in AIDA reports, in such sections where there are many devices (monitor, memory modules, network cards, etc.), it is not certain that the first field from the ifield column will always be one for all instances.
It turns out that there may be a case that the first 2 memory modules are modern and AIDA understands them, and the first field uses their name, and the third module may be some unsupported / old module, AIDA does not define it, the field does not create with the name -> and the script breaks down, and the whole point is lost

On 5/15/2020 at 8:23 PM, strelkov.av said:

Returning to the old question, your case is basically suitable for implementation, but I noticed that in certain cases, namely in my case with memory modules, this option is not suitable, because it seems that in my network there are computers whose memory modules may not be fully defined, and the reports do not contain the first mandatory field, which I could cling to and on the basis of it consider the script instance

In other words, in AIDA reports, in such sections where there are many devices (monitor, memory modules, network cards, etc.), it is not certain that the first field from the ifield column will always be one for all instances.
It turns out that there may be a case that the first 2 memory modules are modern and AIDA understands them, and the first field uses their name, and the third module may be some unsupported / old module, AIDA does not define it, the field does not create with the name -> and the script breaks down, and the whole point is lost

You need to implement some sort of workaround for such situations, because when a certain device lacks proper encoded information that would allow AIDA64 to properly identify it, it's not the fault of AIDA64 then when it cannot identify it by "its name" ;)