Is it possible to set the SensorPanel refresh rate under 500ms? (Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero)

hydargos

Hello,

I got inspired by the new NZXT Liquid Coolers with built-in LCDs to use a 5" HDMI screen (initially made for Raspberry Pi) inside my case to display some information using SensorPanel.

I never used SensorPanel before, and I got surprised by how customizable it is. I managed to get a simple display setup:

(yes, I will change how the screen is mounted, now it's just taped on the glass.)

I found the 1Hz refresh rate a bit annoying, and found that it can be changed in the settings. However, no matter what I set, it can't go below 500ms. I can enter 200, 100, or even less, but the actual refresh rate doesn't change.

So here is my question: Is there any way to set the refresh rate to something lower than 500ms?

Also, is it possible to make the bars transition smoothly from one value to another? I haven't found anything on that.

Thanks for any answer

hydargos

10 hours ago, hydargos said:

Hello,

I got inspired by the new NZXT Liquid Coolers with built-in LCDs to use a 5" HDMI screen (initially made for Raspberry Pi) inside my case to display some information using SensorPanel.

I never used SensorPanel before, and I got surprised by how customizable it is. I managed to get a simple display setup:

(yes, I will change how the screen is mounted, now it's just taped on the glass.)

I found the 1Hz refresh rate a bit annoying, and found that it can be changed in the settings. However, no matter what I set, it can't go below 500ms. I can enter 200, 100, or even less, but the actual refresh rate doesn't change.

So here is my question: Is there any way to set the refresh rate to something lower than 500ms?

Also, is it possible to make the bars transition smoothly from one value to another? I haven't found anything on that.

Thanks for any answer

hydargos

Refresh rate is always higher than the configured value, because collecting sensor readings takes time.  In your case I suppose it takes 200 to 400 milliseconds to collect all sensor readings.  You can verify that by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Sensor Profiling Dump.

Smooth transition is not supported by the SensorPanel/LCD bars right now.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:11 AM, Fiery said:

Refresh rate is always higher than the configured value, because collecting sensor readings takes time.

Yes, that make sense. I understand.

In your case I suppose it takes 200 to 400 milliseconds to collect all sensor readings.  You can verify that by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Sensor Profiling Dump.

The highest value I see here is 36.2 ms, but I guess it's not the only limitation then: https://pastebin.com/ChJHChFm

Smooth transition is not supported by the SensorPanel/LCD bars right now.

That's not really necessary to be honest, as it would probably have an impact on performance too.

Have a great day

8 hours ago, hydargos said:

The highest value I see here is 36.2 ms, but I guess it's not the only limitation then: https://pastebin.com/ChJHChFm

Indeed, those values do not back the theory of why it takes so much time to update the SensorPanel on your system.  Unless of course the SensorPanel rendering itself takes a lot of time in case you have a complex layout.