Cache stress in system stability test crashing system

Hello,

There is something wrong with my workstation, probably with HW. I observed system crashing for a first time when performing complicated recalculation in Excel. I tried to diagnose problem deeply with AIDA64 Extreme. I run all benchmarks and all system stability test. My system will crash immediately when I start:

1) Cache stress in system stability test

2) CPU PhotoWorxx benchmark

Every other benchmarks and stability tests as well as Cache & memory benchmark can be completed succesfully. Anybody have an idea which of HW compenents could be damaged and should be replaced?

Thank you

Jarda

On 2/6/2020 at 12:39 PM, Jarda said:

There is something wrong with my workstation, probably with HW. I observed system crashing for a first time when performing complicated recalculation in Excel. I tried to diagnose problem deeply with AIDA64 Extreme. I run all benchmarks and all system stability test. My system will crash immediately when I start:

1) Cache stress in system stability test

2) CPU PhotoWorxx benchmark

Every other benchmarks and stability tests as well as Cache & memory benchmark can be completed succesfully. Anybody have an idea which of HW compenents could be damaged and should be replaced?

Try to update the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest version and return your CPU to its default settings (no overclock).  If that doesn't help, then try to lower the DRAM (memory) frequency.

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, Joshua said:

Hey. Ive had my pc for about a year and every time i try and play a game it crashes. I tried all testes and the cache test came back a fail after 2 mins every time. At this point i dont know what to do lol.

It could be due to a various potential issues, like motherboard, RAM or power supply unit failure; driver issues; misconfiguration; too much overclocking; too agressive memory timings set, etc.