Sending sensor panel to Arduino with LCD

ViCe

my idea is this: there is a display with a loop, which can be connected to the arduino, and there is a customized sensor panel, the connection of the arduino, respectively, via usb. is there any way to direct the panel image through arduino? the option with a display via hdmi is not suitable, since I often have to change monitors to check their performance, and the location of the panel on the screen, if it is connected via hdmi, is constantly changing. I will be grateful for any information

image.png

44 minutes ago, ViCe said:

my idea is this: there is a display with a loop, which can be connected to the arduino, and there is a customized sensor panel, the connection of the arduino, respectively, via usb. is there any way to direct the panel image through arduino? the option with a display via hdmi is not suitable, since I often have to change monitors to check their performance, and the location of the panel on the screen, if it is connected via hdmi, is constantly changing. I will be grateful for any information

I can there are 2 possible solutions to your issue/idea:

1) You can either implement an existing protocol on your side, which would mean emulating a protocol that already exists as an external LCD module in AIDA64.  This would be the fastest way to get there, considering that it wouldn't require adjusting AIDA64 to make it happen.

2) Or, you can desing your own protocol, write a proper SDK or protocol spec, and we can add your protocol to the external LCD module of AIDA64 as a new protocol.  Designing your protocol however would need to take into account what's possible to accomplish at the AIDA64 side, performance considerations, etc.

If you can tell me more about your capabilities, the actual display type (pixel resolution? color depth?) and connection interface (USB? HID? connection performance? Serial-to-USB bridge? SPI-to-USB bridge?) you'd like to use, I will be able to provide you with more meaningful feedback.

2 minutes ago, Fiery said:

I can there are 2 possible solutions to your issue/idea:

1) You can either implement an existing protocol on your side, which would mean emulating a protocol that already exists as an external LCD module in AIDA64.  This would be the fastest way to get there, considering that it wouldn't require adjusting AIDA64 to make it happen.

2) Or, you can desing your own protocol, write a proper SDK or protocol spec, and we can add your protocol to the external LCD module of AIDA64 as a new protocol.  Designing your protocol however would need to take into account what's possible to accomplish at the AIDA64 side, performance considerations, etc.

If you can tell me more about your capabilities, the actual display type (pixel resolution? color depth?) and connection interface (USB? HID? connection performance? Serial-to-USB bridge? SPI-to-USB bridge?) you'd like to use, I will be able to provide you with more meaningful feedback.

so, for the start i plan to use this lcd WF70A2SIAGDNN0.

I don’t understand arduino programming, so I ask for help in writing code and steps. I hope to connect Arduino via USB on the PC motherboard, an adapter from 9-pin to 5-pin female is already there

3 minutes ago, ViCe said:

so, for the start i plan to use this lcd WF70A2SIAGDNN0.

I don’t understand arduino programming, so I ask for help in writing code and steps. I hope to connect Arduino via USB on the PC motherboard, an adapter from 9-pin to 5-pin female is already there

I'm afraid we have no skills in Arduino development, so I cannot help you about that :(

9 hours ago, ViCe said:

it's ok. i just need to make sure that it can be realise

I cannot tell you that unless I know a bit more about the actual hardware interface and implementation.  First of all, since you're planning to use a 800x480 colour display, the minimum amount of data to be transferred in each cycle would be 800x480x2 (16-bit colour depth) bytes, which is 750 KiloBytes.  It means the protocol cannot be classic serial, since it would be too slow to update a frame.  You would have to come up with a high-speed USB solution either via USB bulk transfer or HID.  I'm not sure if connecting the Arduino is possible using such a high bandwidth USB connection.

BTW, rather than reinventing the wheel, why don't you simply pick up a BeadaPanel?  Same resolution colour screen than WF70A2SIAGDNN0:

ok. next question. is there some way to lock sensor panel on certain screen. because, as i told before, i often have to change monitors to check their performance, and the location of the panel on the screen, if it is connected via hdmi, is constantly changing. locking position on scree via regular locking (in submenu in sensor panel) work not straight good: locking work on pixel position, not on screen

On 3/15/2020 at 5:19 PM, ViCe said:

ok. next question. is there some way to lock sensor panel on certain screen. because, as i told before, i often have to change monitors to check their performance, and the location of the panel on the screen, if it is connected via hdmi, is constantly changing. locking position on scree via regular locking (in submenu in sensor panel) work not straight good: locking work on pixel position, not on screen

Locking only works by pixel position.  So if you regularly change your monitors, it may be annoying having to readjust the SensorPanel position.  Unless you make your SensorPanel monitor in a negative position (e.g. left to your main display as seen in the monitors layout in Windows Settings) in which case if you change your other monitors, the SensorPanel monitor should have the same negative pixel positions.

On 3/17/2020 at 2:45 PM, Fiery said:

Locking only works by pixel position.  So if you regularly change your monitors, it may be annoying having to readjust the SensorPanel position.  Unless you make your SensorPanel monitor in a negative position (e.g. left to your main display as seen in the monitors layout in Windows Settings) in which case if you change your other monitors, the SensorPanel monitor should have the same negative pixel positions.

does some methods exist to change position of panel besides moving by mouse?

55 minutes ago, ViCe said:

does some methods exist to change position of panel besides moving by mouse?

Well... yes :) Close AIDA64, start Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE), navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64

And alter the following values to modify the SensorPanel placement on the Windows Desktop:

SensorPanelPosX
SensorPanelPosY

However, what I meant to suggest is to modify the SensorPanel monitor position in Windows Settings first rather than to fiddle with the SensorPanel position itself.

2 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Well... yes :) Close AIDA64, start Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE), navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64

And alter the following values to modify the SensorPanel placement on the Windows Desktop:

SensorPanelPosX
SensorPanelPosY

However, what I meant to suggest is to modify the SensorPanel monitor position in Windows Settings first rather than to fiddle with the SensorPanel position itself.

oh, god. thanks a lot. i'm near to ddos google search