Questions regarding Preferences/Stability section

GWARslave119

Hi I was wondering if leaving options enabled that were irrelevant would still any kind of effect or overhead or "traffic" for the computer since it would be making low-level calls for things that aren't there, if that makes sense. Basically, a lot of the sensor support options are checked even though most don't apply to my system.  Will turning them off relieve the computer of "taking false calls", or am I wasting my time going through and turning off what doesn't apply to me?

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, GWARslave119 said:

Hi I was wondering if leaving options enabled that were irrelevant would still any kind of effect or overhead or "traffic" for the computer since it would be making low-level calls for things that aren't there, if that makes sense. Basically, a lot of the sensor support options are checked even though most don't apply to my system.  Will turning them off relieve the computer of "taking false calls", or am I wasting my time going through and turning off what doesn't apply to me?

No need to turn them off, since those low-level calls are only done once (or not even once if they don't suit your system) to detect the presence of a certain hardware or interface.