Asus Prime Z270-A - EC dump not showing all banks

Hi, I am trying to get a full dump of the Asus embedded controller on my motherboard so that I can try and find the fan control values for the Asus Fan Extension card. However, the only bank that shows up in the dump is Bank #0. I've seen similar boards have Bank#0-7 showing up in the dump and some even have "special" banks.

I've tried a million and one different things with no success. Is it a limitation in AIDA64 or am I doing something wrong? I've tried enabling "EC Bank Switching" in the options incase it would make a difference, but it hasn't. Even tried a fresh install of windows with no AISuite or anything else except AIDA64.

The fan RPM for Fan EXT 1 does show up under sensors.

EC dump attached.

Please help, thanks in advance!

ecdump.txt

10 hours ago, spirals413 said:

Hi, I am trying to get a full dump of the Asus embedded controller on my motherboard so that I can try and find the fan control values for the Asus Fan Extension card. However, the only bank that shows up in the dump is Bank #0. I've seen similar boards have Bank#0-7 showing up in the dump and some even have "special" banks.

I've tried a million and one different things with no success. Is it a limitation in AIDA64 or am I doing something wrong? I've tried enabling "EC Bank Switching" in the options incase it would make a difference, but it hasn't. Even tried a fresh install of windows with no AISuite or anything else except AIDA64.

The fan RPM for Fan EXT 1 does show up under sensors.

EC dump attached.

Please help, thanks in advance!

ecdump.txt 2.18 kB · 2 downloads

To avoid issues, multi-bank EC support has to be enabled on a per-motherboard basis.  Are you sure there are multiple banks for the EC of your motherboard?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 12:58 PM, spirals413 said:

Hello Fiery. Yes, I am fairly certain there is at least more than one bank in the EC on this motherboard.

EDIT: SIV shows more than one bank, but does not show all the values

Thank you, that's reassuring :) We'll enable multi-bank EC support for Asus Prime Z270 Series in the next AIDA64 beta update.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:19 PM, spirals413 said:

Thank you very much Fiery, you are a one man force on this forum; concise and efficient. If only all forums had someone like you :)

Thank you for your kindness.  I'm terribly slow lately, but it's just because AIDA64 suddenly became twice as popular as before -- fortunately --, and we're swamped under hundreds of user requests :)