Maxtor Z1 SSD monitoring 99-100 Celsius

castelL

Hello,

i found bug which causing shuting down my PC.

I run Aida64 Stress test after 43 minutes of testing system shut down, after re-boot aida reporting SSD Maxtor Z1 has reach 100 celsius which is no correct info, HWinfo reporting constantly 30-35C on this SSD. I checking temps with stress test running and still reporting 99C without changes. 

Version of Aida is 6.25.5400 Trial

Im you need more info, please tell me.

maxtorz1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 11:19 PM, castelL said:

Hello,

i found bug which causing shuting down my PC.

I run Aida64 Stress test after 43 minutes of testing system shut down, after re-boot aida reporting SSD Maxtor Z1 has reach 100 celsius which is no correct info, HWinfo reporting constantly 30-35C on this SSD. I checking temps with stress test running and still reporting 99C without changes. 

Version of Aida is 6.25.5400 Trial

Im you need more info, please tell me.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> ATA Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 1:18 AM, castelL said:

hello Fiery, i forgot send the answer for your post.

I attach that files which you requested.

Issue still persist for that model SSD.

Thank you!  It's a bit of a tough SSD SMART layout to solve, but we have a few ideas.  Can you please post an updated SMART Dump using AIDA64 v6.32, and also check on the Storage / SMART page if in the C0 row ("Unexpected Power Loss Count") the Data field changes or is it static/constant?  In your previous dump it indicated 30, so it would be important to check if it keeps sitting at 30 or fluctuates.  We suspect that field may be the temperature of your SSD.  Also it would be interesting to check the E7 ("Temperature") row where we suspect the Data field may indicate the remaining drive life in percentage.  It used to be 99 (so 99%) in your previous dump, but it may still be 99 in case you haven't used your drive heavily since your previous dump was created.