Китайский дисплей через usb-serial ch340

MaksOst

Добрый день. Не получается вывести данные на внешний дисплей 15х2 через usb-serial ch340. Драйвер на порт встал корректно. В "Настройках", папка "LCD" перепробовал все варианты подключения. AidaExtreme. Что то подскажете? Благодарю.

Good afternoon. Can't output data to external 15x2 display via usb-serial ch340. The driver on the port got up correctly. In "Settings", the "LCD" folder has tried all the connection options. AidaExtreme. Can you tell me something? Thank you.

Edited by MaksOst
Add English version

On 11/5/2020 at 8:03 PM, MaksOst said:

Добрый день. Не получается вывести данные на внешний дисплей 15х2 через usb-serial ch340. Драйвер на порт встал корректно. В "Настройках", папка "LCD" перепробовал все варианты подключения. AidaExtreme. Что то подскажете? Благодарю.

Good afternoon. Can't output data to external 15x2 display via usb-serial ch340. The driver on the port got up correctly. In "Settings", the "LCD" folder has tried all the connection options. AidaExtreme. Can you tell me something? Thank you.

If you could explain the protocol in details, and provide us with either sample hardware or a way to acquire such a hardware, then we could implement support for your LCD device in AIDA64.

Good afternoon. Thank you for your reply. In the attachment is a photo of this display and how it is determined in the Device Manager in Windows 10. There are two chips inside: DS3231SN (clock) and STC 15W408AS (controller). More information?

DISPLAY1.jpg

DISPLAY2.jpg

DISPLAY3.jpg

HW.jpg

Edited by MaksOst
Decreased the font size of the message

10 hours ago, MaksOst said:

It looks interesting, but as the seller claims it is compatible with AIDA64 out of the box, you need to contact him to find out how to use it with AIDA64.  My guess would be that it works using the CH424 LCD module that you can activate in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / CH424.

We've ordered a sample of that display, but it will take a few days for it to arrive.  I will let you know what can we find out on our end once the device hits our labs.

Good evening. Thank you for your attention to my question. In the CH424 tab the display is not visible, but it is defined in the POS tab. When I sending information to display, nothing happens - the clock continues to run. Also the display is defined in the RemoteSensor, but the effect is the same.

AIDA64-1.jpg

AIDA64-2.jpg

AIDA64-3.jpg

AIDA64-4.jpg

1 hour ago, MaksOst said:

by the way, here is the answer of the display seller to the question why it does not work with AIDA64 - "Do not start the aida64 software, just display the clock" :)

That's quite the BS :) Push them to show it to you how can you use it with AIDA64.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, MaksOst said:

Good day. Merry christmas and a happy new year! Did you manage to take such a display to test its work with AIDA64?
Thank you.

We receive the display in the first week of January.  I'll get back to you once we can put it to work and find out more about it.  Till then, I hope you're safe and healthy and stay that way through the holiday season.  I hope you'll have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!

On 12/22/2020 at 6:07 AM, MaksOst said:

Good day. Merry christmas and a happy new year! Did you manage to take such a display to test its work with AIDA64?
Thank you.

Our display arrived, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with AIDA64 at all.  Try to ask the seller what software you need to use to communicate with the display.  Also ask what API or interface one gotta use to communicate with the display.  If he's willing to be helpful, we can implement support for this display.  He can contact us directly too if it's preferred by him.

Good day. The seller previously replied that no special software is needed for this display. Further, he does not answer my questions. It looks like it's just a "raw" product and nothing can be done about it  It will work only as clock. it would be great if it worked with AIDA64. Thanks for your work!

17 hours ago, MaksOst said:

Good day. The seller previously replied that no special software is needed for this display. Further, he does not answer my questions. It looks like it's just a "raw" product and nothing can be done about it  It will work only as clock. it would be great if it worked with AIDA64. Thanks for your work!

It's very difficult to find out the protocol details (if there's a proper protocol) without help from the person who's responsible for developing the firmware of the device.  Have you tried to use your display with other software like LCDSmartie?

Yes, my LCD display works reliably with the LCD Smartie program. It included drivers for Windows 7. After switching to Windows 10, the display stopped working - there are simply no drivers for this OS for it. I tried everything - it didn't work.

20201017_104508.jpg

20201017_104431.jpg

14 hours ago, MaksOst said:

Yes, my LCD display works reliably with the LCD Smartie program. It included drivers for Windows 7. After switching to Windows 10, the display stopped working - there are simply no drivers for this OS for it. I tried everything - it didn't work.

Thank you, we'll check LCD Smartie.  For us driver download wasn't done automatically under Win10, but the Windows Update facility offered an optional driver update "wch.cn" for the device and that worked out.

Where did you get USB_LCD.DLL (LCD Smartie plugin) from?

14 hours ago, MaksOst said:

Now I'm looking for a replacement. Can you recommend me an AIDA64 compatible display? Thank you.

It's a difficult question.  Are you looking for an alphanumeric (character) display or a fancier, graphical screen?

22 minutes ago, MaksOst said:

USB_LCD.DLL (LCD Smartie plugin) I got from the display vendor. I am fine with the character display.

I tested this display with LCDSmartie - does not work

Check these options:

https://www.mini-box.com/picoLCD

https://www.adafruit.com/product/782

https://www.spikenzielabs.com/Catalog/spikenzielabs/spikenzielabs-lcd-interface-kit-mpth-v3

http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/USB_%26_serial_LCD_backpack

Note that Adafruit will require assembly.  MPTH and Dangerous Prototypes will also require assembly and a LCD to be purchased separately.