LCD / Odospace Zoomed Out -- How to fix?

Anfibil

Hi guys, I followed this tutorial on reddit today and was able to get something setup and going using a Google Pixel 2 XL. However, I ran into an issue that I simply can't get around on my own.

Even though I'm setting my Odospace resolution via AIDA64 to the same resolution as my phone (1920x1080), when I start to setup my LCD page/items, I see a note that says "Odospace 1920 x 1080 pixels (62% zoom)" on top and I cannot change that zoom value.

As a result (I believe), everything gets displayed on the top left corner of my phone  along with a bunch of empty space towards the opposite end. You can see what I mean in the attached picture.

Any ideas as to how I can get around this? I suspected that maybe because I didn't have any items to be displayed near the bottom right something was auto-adjusting and making it look this way but that is not the case.

PXL_20201216_002024178.jpg

11 minutes ago, Anfibil said:

Hi guys, I followed this tutorial on reddit today and was able to get something setup and going using a Google Pixel 2 XL. However, I ran into an issue that I simply can't get around on my own.

Even though I'm setting my Odospace resolution via AIDA64 to the same resolution as my phone (1920x1080), when I start to setup my LCD page/items, I see a note that says "Odospace 1920 x 1080 pixels (62% zoom)" on top and I cannot change that zoom value.

As a result (I believe), everything gets displayed on the top left corner of my phone  along with a bunch of empty space towards the opposite end. You can see what I mean in the attached picture.

Any ideas as to how I can get around this? I suspected that maybe because I didn't have any items to be displayed near the bottom right something was auto-adjusting and making it look this way but that is not the case.

PXL_20201216_002024178.jpg

I'm an idiot. My phone's resolution is actually 2880 x 1400, which is kind of crazy. Makes me wonder if this is a waste of resources to be pushing all of those pixels around.

14 hours ago, Anfibil said:

I'm an idiot. My phone's resolution is actually 2880 x 1400, which is kind of crazy. Makes me wonder if this is a waste of resources to be pushing all of those pixels around.

That "62% zoom" only refers to the fact that the LCD preview in AIDA64 Preferences is shown as a 62% scaled-down version of the actual layout, so you shouldn't expect a pixel-to-pixel match with what you get on the actual LCD device.  Also in such case don't be afraid of the images displayed slightly distorted on the LCD layout editor due to down-scaling (by the ratio of 62% in your case).  Such down-scaling is necessary when there's no room on the PC monitor to display the LCD layout with 100% zoom.  E.g. even on a full-HD resolution monitor you wouldn't be able to fit a 1920x1080 (full-HD) layout due to the buttons, menu and other portions of the AIDA64 Preferences window :) 

5 hours ago, Fiery said:

That "62% zoom" only refers to the fact that the LCD preview in AIDA64 Preferences is shown as a 62% scaled-down version of the actual layout, so you shouldn't expect a pixel-to-pixel match with what you get on the actual LCD device.  Also in such case don't be afraid of the images displayed slightly distorted on the LCD layout editor due to down-scaling (by the ratio of 62% in your case).  Such down-scaling is necessary when there's no room on the PC monitor to display the LCD layout with 100% zoom.  E.g. even on a full-HD resolution monitor you wouldn't be able to fit a 1920x1080 (full-HD) layout due to the buttons, menu and other portions of the AIDA64 Preferences window :) 

Thanks for the note! That makes perfect sense.