AMD RX 6800 GPU Not showing in sensor panel

Mark Valerio

I'm running the latest stable version of AIDA64 and in the sensor panel the GPU Frequency blinks on and off, mostly off. When it is there the reading is wrong. Is there something I'm missing?

My Radeon VII and RX 5700 XT were displayed just fine.

Here are some screen grabs showing sensor panel with and without also add new with GPU Clock and then after it disappears

GPU clock.png

No GPU clock.png

off screen.png

On screen.png

10 hours ago, Mark Valerio said:

I'm running the latest stable version of AIDA64 and in the sensor panel the GPU Frequency blinks on and off, mostly off. When it is there the reading is wrong. Is there something I'm missing?

My Radeon VII and RX 5700 XT were displayed just fine.

Here are some screen grabs showing sensor panel with and without also add new with GPU Clock and then after it disappears

Can you please check what your GPU clock is measured by GPU-Z when your video card is idle?  I assume that state (idle) is when the GPU clock (as reported by the video driver) falls to zero or some other weird value that AIDA64 cannot interpret as a proper GPU frequency value.

Here is a screen shot of GPUZ and the sensor panel while gaming. What I'm wondering is why it flashes ion and off the screen. I want to edit the sensor but I have to wait for to decide to show up. Hard to right click if it's not on the screen and I'm not going to edit  it while gaming. This was never an issue with my Radeon VII. It was always on the screen

gpuz.png

while gaming.png

On 12/30/2020 at 5:41 AM, Fiery said:

Can you please check what your GPU clock is measured by GPU-Z when your video card is idle?  I assume that state (idle) is when the GPU clock (as reported by the video driver) falls to zero or some other weird value that AIDA64 cannot interpret as a proper GPU frequency value.

See above post

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 3:28 AM, Mark Valerio said:

See above post

Thank you!  Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.  If not, then please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> VideoDebug --> ATI GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 3:28 AM, Mark Valerio said:

See above post

We've fixed the flickering GPU clock issue on Radeon RX 6800/6900 video cards in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works for you.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, Fiery said:

We've fixed the flickering GPU clock issue on Radeon RX 6800/6900 video cards in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

Let me know how it works for you.

I still can't see GPU and/or Mem. Clock and Usage of my 6900XT.

But i have to admit I'm using 2 GPU's in my system: (3060Ti is displayed as GPU1 and 6900XT as GPU2).

atigpureg.txt

Screenshot 2021-03-15 112136.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 11:20 AM, apollo4aida said:

I still can't see GPU and/or Mem. Clock and Usage of my 6900XT.

But i have to admit I'm using 2 GPU's in my system: (3060Ti is displayed as GPU1 and 6900XT as GPU2).

By default, on ATI/AMD GPUs monitoring the secondary GPU is disabled due to potential major issues about ULPS.  You need to disable ULPS and then you can enable Multi-GPU monitoring in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.