decimal separator symbol

Hello!

By using German (or Austrian) regional formats in Windows, it is common to have decimal and digit group separators swapped.

Therefore it is mostly impossible to make use of decimal values generated by AIDA64, because the decimal symbol is ignored or wrongly interpreted.

I'd love to see an option to change that symbol, like it is already implemented for the degree symbol! B)

It would help me a lot, because the only workaround I have is to manually alter the Windows defaults for my language setup which affects everything.

11 hours ago, WilleHelm said:

Hello!

By using German (or Austrian) regional formats in Windows, it is common to have decimal and digit group separators swapped.

Therefore it is mostly impossible to make use of decimal values generated by AIDA64, because the decimal symbol is ignored or wrongly interpreted.

I'd love to see an option to change that symbol, like it is already implemented for the degree symbol! B)

It would help me a lot, because the only workaround I have is to manually alter the Windows defaults for my language setup which affects everything.

What output of AIDA64 do you find difficult to be post-processed?  Are you trying to load e.g. a CSV log file generated by AIDA64 into Excel perhaps?

Thanks for replying so fast! :)

My concern is with the voltages, where for example the 12V rail has some decimals.

image.png.ee9e594fe01e987cfdf82af6420f0101.png

These values are going to be written to WMI (or Registry, it doesn't matter) and a tool called Samurize uses that for metering. Anything I want to do with it is not going to work, until I change decimal symbol in Windows from comma to period.

So far I couldn't find an issue on Samurize side, as these values are actually generated by AIDA64 using a period, as seen on the Sensor page as well as the Registry. Samurize evidently uses Windows decimal symbol that is set in my regional settings, which I find rather sophisticated for that aged tool, but is hindering in this case.

PS: AIDA64s translation option to German does not do the trick, I've tried that. ;)

54 minutes ago, WilleHelm said:

Thanks for replying so fast! :)

My concern is with the voltages, where for example the 12V rail has some decimals.

image.png.ee9e594fe01e987cfdf82af6420f0101.png

These values are going to be written to WMI (or Registry, it doesn't matter) and a tool called Samurize uses that for metering. Anything I want to do with it is not going to work, until I change decimal symbol in Windows from comma to period.

So far I couldn't find an issue on Samurize side, as these values are actually generated by AIDA64 using a period, as seen on the Sensor page as well as the Registry. Samurize evidently uses Windows decimal symbol that is set in my regional settings, which I find rather sophisticated for that aged tool, but is hindering in this case.

PS: AIDA64s translation option to German does not do the trick, I've tried that. ;)

That's a difficult issue, since other software and tools would stick to using a dot for decimal separator, regardless of the current regional setting.  Probably a new option in the Preferences is the way to go, although when it's possible, we prefer to avoid that.  A dropdown list of "Windows Default / Dot / Comma" would be suitable, what do you think?

You are right that many or even most other tools display and export data with dots, regardless of regional settings. If it was just for visual observation, I wouldn't care at all. I've lived with this situation for years now. Maybe I am the only one in need for such an option. At least I have not found another thread here regarding this matter.

Although it is not a vital thing to have system monitoring, but since I'm sitting in home office it became especially annoying because I have to use my PC for work as well and I have to rethink what symbol to use locally everytime I calculate something, while any remote system uses the other/usual symbol naturally.

To make a long story short, it would be a great relief to have this option. But I don't like the thought of generating a pile of work for you.

In turn I cannot imagine a use case for changing the degree symbol either. ;) How does "Automatic" work here? Is a fixed dropdown list easier to implement than a free input like the degree option offers? For safety on your side, I do not recommend switching the fixed dot to the symbol that's being set in the user localization, although I think 99% should definetly work anyway with that as default.

I had an idea, which at first seemed like a much easier any possibly more useful approach, but after thinking it over it could be even worse. I thought of an option to output millivolts instead of volts (multiply by 1000), so that up to 3 decimal places can be shown without separator!

The problem is, to reflect that change either sensor ID labels have to be renamed vom V to mV :unsure:, or even the sensor IDs themselfes :wacko:, or additional IDs carrying mV as unit :o - and there are a lot of voltage sensor IDs, although I just use five of them.