AIDA64 x OpenRGB for system monitoring with expressive RGB?

daneeh777

Dear AIDA64 team and community,

I'm not sure if this is the correct category to post under, but I wouldn't know where else to ask this.

I am building a PC with ASUS parts and an EKWB loop. RAM is G.Skill.
I would like to set the RGB of my individual EK cooling parts, ASUS parts and g.skill RAM to certain colors individually using certain metrics measured by AIDA64.
I read that something in this direction was in development in 2018: https://rog.asus.com/articles/technologies/the-aura-ecosystem-expands-into-your-environment-with-reactive-ambient-lighting-and-more/
It seems that support for the ASUS Aura SDK was dropped in 2017/2018.
However, there is now this new open source project called OpenRGB. It is partially made by reverse engineering the ASUS Aura SDK.

Is AIDA64 compatible with OpenRGB? If it isn't, where should I start if I want to create this compatibility myself?
I think it would be really cool if my PC can express its own state through its RGB :D

I could also get a GELID Codi6 hardware solution and output AIDA64 system stats to that, but that would leave out my RAM, making it considerably less cool.

I don't expect to get all the anwers, but if someone could help me out a bit that would be awesome :D
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Dani

Edited by daneeh777
Was previously aimed at Aura SDK, which is deprecated. Found out about OpenRGB, so switched topic to that.

• daneeh777 changed the title to AIDA64 x OpenRGB for system monitoring with expressive RGB?
On 1/16/2021 at 5:05 AM, daneeh777 said:

Dear AIDA64 team and community,

I'm not sure if this is the correct category to post under, but I wouldn't know where else to ask this.

I am building a PC with ASUS parts and an EKWB loop. RAM is G.Skill.
I would like to set the RGB of my individual EK cooling parts, ASUS parts and g.skill RAM to certain colors individually using certain metrics measured by AIDA64.
I read that something in this direction was in development in 2018: https://rog.asus.com/articles/technologies/the-aura-ecosystem-expands-into-your-environment-with-reactive-ambient-lighting-and-more/
It seems that support for the ASUS Aura SDK was dropped in 2017/2018.
However, there is now this new open source project called OpenRGB. It is partially made by reverse engineering the ASUS Aura SDK.

Is AIDA64 compatible with OpenRGB? If it isn't, where should I start if I want to create this compatibility myself?
I think it would be really cool if my PC can express its own state through its RGB :D

I could also get a GELID Codi6 hardware solution and output AIDA64 system stats to that, but that would leave out my RAM, making it considerably less cool.

I don't expect to get all the anwers, but if someone could help me out a bit that would be awesome :D
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Dani

Asus RGB devices are currently supported through the Aura SDK.  We do have direct support (that doesn't require Aura SDK) for Claymore keyboard and Gladius II mouse.  If you have other Asus products than these two, please let us know and we'll check if we can implement direct support for them.