SensorPanel on Raspberry Pi

harrisonm65

Hi all

First time poster so please be gentle!

So, Ive created a basic sensor panel which Im happy with for now.  It runs fine on my PC but I also have here a Pi 3b+ with an attached 5" LCD screen.  Its powered by a USB cable from my PC and Id like to keep it that way to minimise the amount of cables running here there and everywhere. 

Where Im stumped is getting the sensor panel to run on the Pi.  If poss, Id like the Pi to start when the PC boots and ideally open a kiosk browser showing just the sensor panel.  Im not sure how to get AIDA64 to output to the Pi though.  Has anyone done this before who might be able to point me in the right direction? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, harrisonm65 said:

Hi all

First time poster so please be gentle!

So, Ive created a basic sensor panel which Im happy with for now.  It runs fine on my PC but I also have here a Pi 3b+ with an attached 5" LCD screen.  Its powered by a USB cable from my PC and Id like to keep it that way to minimise the amount of cables running here there and everywhere. 

Where Im stumped is getting the sensor panel to run on the Pi.  If poss, Id like the Pi to start when the PC boots and ideally open a kiosk browser showing just the sensor panel.  Im not sure how to get AIDA64 to output to the Pi though.  Has anyone done this before who might be able to point me in the right direction? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We don't have a ready-made solution for that setup, but it is possible to construct a script to connect to one of the existing LCD interfaces that AIDA64 supports and interact with AIDA64 as if the Pi would be one of those displays (e.g. Matrix Orbital LK or POS).

Ive possibly found a script to open a kiosk browser so might be OK on that part.  Its connecting AIDA64 to the screen itself thats proving most problematic.

Ive added an LCD item in Preferences, but as there is a really large selections of LCD panels to select in Preferences, Im unsure which to use.  Does one of the tabs cover "generic" type displays, or is there some way I can find out what my LCD screen is and see if its one of the other available tabs in Preferences?

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, harrisonm65 said:

Ive possibly found a script to open a kiosk browser so might be OK on that part.  Its connecting AIDA64 to the screen itself thats proving most problematic.

Ive added an LCD item in Preferences, but as there is a really large selections of LCD panels to select in Preferences, Im unsure which to use.  Does one of the tabs cover "generic" type displays, or is there some way I can find out what my LCD screen is and see if its one of the other available tabs in Preferences?

LCD interface to use depends on the script you're using.

• Fiery changed the title to SensorPanel on Raspberry Pi
On 3/5/2021 at 2:42 PM, harrisonm65 said:

OK, so am I better ascertaining first then which LCD interface to use in Preferences of AIDA64?  If so, how do I go about that please?

It depends on a lot of factors, mostly the type of display you want to use.  Is it a graphical display?  If yes, what resolution and bit depth?  Also, through the USB connection what protocol can you use?  HID?  LibUsb?

• 8 months later...