Resizable BAR/GPU Power Issue

Sypderman55

I am running an i9-10900k on a Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Master and an EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid and had my sensor panel monitoring GPU Power (in watts). I then enabled resizable BAR in the motherboard BIOS (v f20a) and then noticed that the GPU Power was no longer being displayed, in fact, GPU Power was not even shown as an available sensor in the Aida64 sensor list. I disabled resizable BAR in the motherboard BIOS and voila, GPU Power was back available in Aida64.

I'm not sure if this is an Aida64 issue, a Gigabyte BIOS issue, or a general incompatibility with the resizable BAR setting that will resolve when NVIDIA finally releases support for resizable BAR in a couple of months.

I just thought I would bring this to the attention of the Aida64 support folks so they can check it out.  Thank you.

10 hours ago, Sypderman55 said:

I am running an i9-10900k on a Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Master and an EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid and had my sensor panel monitoring GPU Power (in watts). I then enabled resizable BAR in the motherboard BIOS (v f20a) and then noticed that the GPU Power was no longer being displayed, in fact, GPU Power was not even shown as an available sensor in the Aida64 sensor list. I disabled resizable BAR in the motherboard BIOS and voila, GPU Power was back available in Aida64.

I'm not sure if this is an Aida64 issue, a Gigabyte BIOS issue, or a general incompatibility with the resizable BAR setting that will resolve when NVIDIA finally releases support for resizable BAR in a couple of months.

I just thought I would bring this to the attention of the Aida64 support folks so they can check it out.  Thank you.

In both states (resizable BAR enabled and disabled) please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

Hi Fiery,

Thanks for the quick response.  Of course, when I try to reproduce the problem with the resizable BAR enabled, it decides its going to work this time!

The only difference between when it didn't work and now that it's working is that I updated EVGA's Precision X1 to v1.1.7 and it did a BIOS update on my GPU. I guess maybe this might have fixed the issue?  I was under the impression that the BIOS updates done through Precision X1 were not the same as flashing the operating BIOS of the card, but I'm no hardware engineer so I just don't know.

In any case, I am attaching the files you requested anyway in hopes that maybe they can tell you something interesting.

I'll let you know if that issue appears again.  My only current issue is my NVMe and/or SSD temp sensors sometimes randomly disappear and reappear for no apparent reason, but I'm sure I can find out more by searching the threads on this forum.

Thanks again for your attention.

nvidiagpureg(BAR_Enabled).txt nvidiagpureg(BAR_Disabled).txt

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 9:04 PM, Sypderman55 said:

Hi Fiery,

Thanks for the quick response.  Of course, when I try to reproduce the problem with the resizable BAR enabled, it decides its going to work this time!

The only difference between when it didn't work and now that it's working is that I updated EVGA's Precision X1 to v1.1.7 and it did a BIOS update on my GPU. I guess maybe this might have fixed the issue?  I was under the impression that the BIOS updates done through Precision X1 were not the same as flashing the operating BIOS of the card, but I'm no hardware engineer so I just don't know.

In any case, I am attaching the files you requested anyway in hopes that maybe they can tell you something interesting.

I'll let you know if that issue appears again.  My only current issue is my NVMe and/or SSD temp sensors sometimes randomly disappear and reappear for no apparent reason, but I'm sure I can find out more by searching the threads on this forum.

Thanks again for your attention.

Thank you!  Please open a separate topic for your SSD issue by letting us know the SSD model.  We will try to find out what's happening there...