Physical disks failure alerting

robocat

Hello, I looked into the forum but could not find any idea.

I need to send an email alert when a PHYSICAL disk fails (better still when a disk is close to failure, SMART reports this). I am not interested in logical or volume failures.

I tried with disk activity but this is an event that frequenty goes to zero% under normal conditions. I also could not find a way to configure the alert if the low disk activity persists for long time (e.g. one hour).

Thank you in advance for some suggestions. Thank you.

Rob

On 3/25/2021 at 5:55 PM, robocat said:

Hello, I looked into the forum but could not find any idea.

I need to send an email alert when a PHYSICAL disk fails (better still when a disk is close to failure, SMART reports this). I am not interested in logical or volume failures.

I tried with disk activity but this is an event that frequenty goes to zero% under normal conditions. I also could not find a way to configure the alert if the low disk activity persists for long time (e.g. one hour).

Thank you in advance for some suggestions. Thank you.

Rob

Only AIDA64 Business has a Network Alerting facility that can do that for you.  If you're specifically looking for disk health monitoring and alerting, please check HD Sentinel (Hard Disk Sentinel).  It's a great software that has a lot of flexibility and great features for disk monitoring and alerting.