Stealing focus

Robert McKee

AIDA64 seems to be stealing focus every few seconds (3-5), which is very annoying.  If AIDA is running for example, and I try to rename something on my desktop, AIDA steals focus before I finish renaming the file.  If I tell AIDA to quit, then the problem stops happening.  Very repeatable.

Seems to be related to the SensorPanel, and only if you choose the option to always keep it on top.

Using AIDA64 Exteme version 6.33.5700

On 4/3/2021 at 12:53 AM, Robert McKee said:

AIDA64 seems to be stealing focus every few seconds (3-5), which is very annoying.  If AIDA is running for example, and I try to rename something on my desktop, AIDA steals focus before I finish renaming the file.  If I tell AIDA to quit, then the problem stops happening.  Very repeatable.

Seems to be related to the SensorPanel, and only if you choose the option to always keep it on top.

Using AIDA64 Exteme version 6.33.5700

That's how Windows reacts to AIDA64 forcing the SensorPanel (and OSD Panel) windows to always on top.  A behavior that was recently appeared in one of the Windows 10 updates.  All we could do to mitigate it is to make it less frequent that AIDA64 reclaims the always on top setting for SensorPanel and OSD Panel.  It seems everytime you press a right-click on the Desktop, Windows disables (takes away) the always on top setting from SensorPanel and OSD Panel.  AIDA64 will then detects that and tries to claim back the setting.

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, Fiery said:

That's how Windows reacts to AIDA64 forcing the SensorPanel (and OSD Panel) windows to always on top.  A behavior that was recently appeared in one of the Windows 10 updates.  All we could do to mitigate it is to make it less frequent that AIDA64 reclaims the always on top setting for SensorPanel and OSD Panel.  It seems everytime you press a right-click on the Desktop, Windows disables (takes away) the always on top setting from SensorPanel and OSD Panel.  AIDA64 will then detects that and tries to claim back the setting.

So, still no fix then?