I have an issue where Aida64 Extreme interferes with the Desktop Windows 10.

Chris Swann

I know it's Aida64 because if I close the program down the problem stops. 

The problems occurs when I right click anything to do with the desktop. So, an example, if I create a new folder on the desktop, the new folder icon normally automatically allows me to rename it. However when Aida64 is running it only allows me to type for a few seconds. It’s like someone is clicking off of the icon to cancel the renaming,

I use Aida for the sensor panel.

I have tried several things. I have uninstalled Aida64 and them reinstalled it. I have rolled back to a previous version and the problem is still there.

7 hours ago, Chris Swann said:

The problems occurs when I right click anything to do with the desktop. So, an example, if I create a new folder on the desktop, the new folder icon normally automatically allows me to rename it. However when Aida64 is running it only allows me to type for a few seconds. It’s like someone is clicking off of the icon to cancel the renaming,

I have tried several things. I have uninstalled Aida64 and them reinstalled it. I have rolled back to a previous version and the problem is still there.

That is caused by the always-on-top SensorPanel setting.  When you press a right-click on Windows Desktop, Windows 10 (for whatever reason) take away the always-on-top state of the SensorPanel window.  AIDA64 will then regularly have to check if the always-on-top setting is still enabled for the SensorPanel; and when it's no longer enabled, it will reclaim it.  That's when Windows 10 (again, for some mysterious reason) hides the right-click context menu.  Other than making the check for always-on-top setting less frequent, we couldn't find a workaround for this issue so far :(

• 1 year later...
On 4/8/2021 at 4:00 AM, Chris Swann said:

Me too. Nov 11, 2022. Hmmm. 

On 4/8/2021 at 12:00 PM, Fiery said:

That is caused by the always-on-top SensorPanel setting.  When you press a right-click on Windows Desktop, Windows 10 (for whatever reason) take away the always-on-top state of the SensorPanel window.  AIDA64 will then regularly have to check if the always-on-top setting is still enabled for the SensorPanel; and when it's no longer enabled, it will reclaim it.  That's when Windows 10 (again, for some mysterious reason) hides the right-click context menu.  Other than making the check for always-on-top setting less frequent, we couldn't find a workaround for this issue so far :(

AIDA64, Have you fixed this issue yet or found a workaround... Today is November 11, 2022...