randomly disappearing sensors since v6.33 on AM3+ (Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0)

WilleHelm

Hello,

on my three AM3+ machines (AMD FX-9000 CPU, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0) I have noticed that some sensor values randomly disappear and reappear between refresh cycles (5s in my case). Sometimes within the first minute, but certainly within 5-10 minutes. While idling as well as under load under Windows 10 21H1 x64.

That is in WMI and the sensor page where I actually have seen the list shrinking one line and expanding again! So the whole sensor is gone for a period of time.

The following voltage values are affected so far: DIMM (VDIMM), CPU/NB (VCPUNB) and HyperTransport (VHT).

I can reproduce it with major v6.33.5700 and beta v6.33.5725. It does not happen with previous major releases like v6.32.5600.

Only required sensor types are selected:

image.png.03ddfd433c59239ecec77c83fbf2c84b.png

Regards,

Wilhelm

3 minutes ago, WilleHelm said:

Hello,

on my three AM3+ machines (AMD FX-9000 CPU, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0) I have noticed that some sensor values randomly disappear and reappear between refresh cycles (5s in my case). Sometimes within the first minute, but certainly within 5-10 minutes. While idling as well as under load under Windows 10 21H1 x64.

That is in WMI and the sensor page where I actually have seen the list shrinking one line and expanding again! So the whole sensor is gone for a period of time.

The following voltage values are affected so far: DIMM (VDIMM), CPU/NB (VCPUNB) and HyperTransport (VHT).

I can reproduce it with major v6.33.5700 and beta v6.33.5725. It does not happen with previous major releases like v6.32.5600.

Only required sensor types are selected:

Regards,

Wilhelm

Something must be happening in the background that makes AIDA64 EC (Embedded Controller) polling to collide with it.  Maybe you have Asus AI Suite installed, or there're remaning portions of it still installed on your system?

• Fiery changed the title to randomly disappearing sensors since v6.33 on AM3+ (Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0)

Hello Fiery,

I admit it is their first run with 21H1. They have been reinstalled all at once. So it could be a consequential problem.

Previously they ran 20H2 with a late beta of v6.32. Actually there has not been changed much in my install routine. Just newer versions of everything, as I have done for so many years.

I don't use AMD OverDrive or any other tool that monitors something, and certainly not ASUS AI Suite. If it wasn't for Samurize where I record minimum values as well, it would propably never catched my eye.

Would EC 'Bank Switching' do any good?