No VRM Temps shown anymore unless HWINFO64 is started (and stays after closing HWINFO even) (Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero)

Luc0001

Hi all,

This is now for a couple of weeks already.
I had a complete custom setup created with also VRM Temps (not from the GPU, they still work).

As said, it all worked until a couple of weeks ago.
Tonight I was updating my bios (ASUS Dark Hero VIII) and had to re-enter a couple of things like the docp and bpo2 settings I had.
I then started HWINFO64 to do a couple of checks and all of a sudden I noticed the VRM Temps were working again in AIDA.
I had done a reboot and they were not working anymore. Started HWINFO and then it came up again ??!!
It even keep working when I closed HWINFO.

To be sure I was not going blind or stupid did the tests a couple of times and it is consistent behavior.

Anyone noticed this as well?

How to resolve? Or wait for an update?

Regards, Luc

12 hours ago, Luc0001 said:

Hi all,

This is now for a couple of weeks already.
I had a complete custom setup created with also VRM Temps (not from the GPU, they still work).

As said, it all worked until a couple of weeks ago.
Tonight I was updating my bios (ASUS Dark Hero VIII) and had to re-enter a couple of things like the docp and bpo2 settings I had.
I then started HWINFO64 to do a couple of checks and all of a sudden I noticed the VRM Temps were working again in AIDA.
I had done a reboot and they were not working anymore. Started HWINFO and then it came up again ??!!
It even keep working when I closed HWINFO.

To be sure I was not going blind or stupid did the tests a couple of times and it is consistent behavior.

Anyone noticed this as well?

How to resolve? Or wait for an update?

Regards, Luc

You need to have both EC (Embedded Controller) related options that you can find in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability enabled (checked).

• Thanks 1

• Fiery changed the title to No VRM Temps shown anymore unless HWINFO64 is started (and stays after closing HWINFO even) (Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero)