How is Aida64 actually monitoring the temperatures of the system?

Hey all.

When using the program I got to think how the tool actually monitors the temperatures of the system. Researching a bit I found out that you could check your CPU temperature (as an example) using Windows' WMI. However a lot of people have mentioned that this is not an accurate method of doing so. What do you guys think? 

20 hours ago, Борислав Стефанов said:

Hey all.

When using the program I got to think how the tool actually monitors the temperatures of the system. Researching a bit I found out that you could check your CPU temperature (as an example) using Windows' WMI. However a lot of people have mentioned that this is not an accurate method of doing so. What do you guys think? 

AIDA64 only uses WMI as a temperature measurement interface on certain mobile computers.  But, it only goes WMI (which is a slow interface) when the CPU thermal reading cannot be measured using a direct method.

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

AIDA64 only uses WMI as a temperature measurement interface on certain mobile computers.  But, it only goes WMI (which is a slow interface) when the CPU thermal reading cannot be measured using a direct method.

So that direct method would be directly accessing the hardware's sensors?

3 hours ago, Борислав Стефанов said:

So that direct method would be directly accessing the hardware's sensors?

Yes, as long as it's available.  But certainly more direct than WMI which is a high-level, hardware agnostic interface.