Stress test not maintaining 100% gpu use

6 hours ago, Jonas Barbosa said:

The stress test is not maintaining 100% gpu use. It goes to 100%, go to 0%, go to 100%  and repeat it until I stop it. Why the test isn't maintain the GPU use always at 100% (or near it) like when I'm playing a game, for example.

It's because in order to support a wide range of GPU's, it uses the industry standard GPU compute API OpenCL.  And with OpenCL you issue a computing task that loads the GPU to 100%, and you need to issue the new task to the OpenCL layer once it finished.  That new task then gets compiled by OpenCL which loads the CPU but not the GPU.  At that stage momentarily the GPU gets to "rest" a bit and then the new computing task begins.  And then the cycle goes on...

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 2:19 PM, Fiery said:

It's because in order to support a wide range of GPU's, it uses the industry standard GPU compute API OpenCL.  And with OpenCL you issue a computing task that loads the GPU to 100%, and you need to issue the new task to the OpenCL layer once it finished.  That new task then gets compiled by OpenCL which loads the CPU but not the GPU.  At that stage momentarily the GPU gets to "rest" a bit and then the new computing task begins.  And then the cycle goes on...

Thank you!  I thought it would be a lot harder to get an answer to this question!