IPMI sensors not available on sensor panel Asus WRX80E Sage WS motherboard

Lord Chariot

The Asus Pro WS WRX80E-Sage SE WiFi motherboard (Threadripper Pro) has BMC with IPMI that monitors fans, voltages, & temps. It's the only place fans speeds can be reported, which is what I'm mostly after.
AIDA64 Extreme (6.50.5800) can walk through the values when IPMI is selected on the menu, but those values are not available for use in the sensor panels.

The only stability preference that sounds like it might be related is "SMBus access through ACPI (Asus motherboards)", but that has no effect on the sensors.

6.5.5806Beta also behaves the same.

Is there anything I can do about this?

2 hours ago, Lord Chariot said:

The Asus Pro WS WRX80E-Sage SE WiFi motherboard (Threadripper Pro) has BMC with IPMI that monitors fans, voltages, & temps. It's the only place fans speeds can be reported, which is what I'm mostly after.
AIDA64 Extreme (6.50.5800) can walk through the values when IPMI is selected on the menu, but those values are not available for use in the sensor panels.

The only stability preference that sounds like it might be related is "SMBus access through ACPI (Asus motherboards)", but that has no effect on the sensors.

6.5.5806Beta also behaves the same.

Is there anything I can do about this?

It's normal, since we cannot add IPMI sensor readings to the regular sensor module of AIDA64 due to the slow IPMI protocol.  It would make updates sluggish and cause a bad user experience.

• 1 year later...

I have the same mainboard (Asus Pro WS WRX80E-Sage SE WiFi), bought AIDA64 Extreme for controlling the system values on a sidepanel and i miss also the sensors from the IPMI - especially the fans.

As i understand is the IPMI protocol very slow, so you can't watch the values as fast as the other available regular sensors like the CPU temperature.

But couldn't it be possible to create a separate / optional background process which will read the IPMI values every few seconds and send this as a virtual regular sensor to AIDA? I mean better a slow refreshing of the IPMI values as seeing nothing?!