AIDA64 Business Edition does not generate the SPD

petrs

I have used: AIDA64 Business Edition, v2.50.2003 Beta/CZ; 2.7.421-x64, OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 6.1.7601 (Win7 RTM). The RPF file used contains only one line "InfoPage="Motherboard;SPD". Unfortunately the result is empty like this:

--------[ SPD ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using the manual wizard (not command line approach, but with the same RPF file) the result is correct. Is it possible to fix it?

Thanks. Regards,

PetrS

Fiery, thank you for the valuable advice. It seems that my problem with SPD memory modules detection is not a bug. I apologize for the inappropriate section choice. Can you move this discussion to a more suitable section?

Omitting the /safe option indeed ensure SPD detection, but at the expense of the considerable increase in detection of other unnecessary sections. Is there any alternative solution of my problem?

Thanks,

PetrS

I'll move the thread under the General Discussion later today.

As for the increase in detected sections, I'm not sure what you mean, since you seem to be already using the /CUSTOM command-line option that limits the detected (reported) information to your preference.

Using the /safe option and RPF input file I get the output report file of 196 kB. Under these conditions scanning is done in 40 steps (seen at the AIDA64 tray icon). Without the /ssafe option and using the same RPF file as before I get the output report file of 2. 5 MB. Under these conditions scanning is done in 96 steps. For example, [ DMI ], [ CPUID ], [ ACPI ] and other unwanted sections are generated without /SAFE option. Fiery, if I well understand your previous response, unwanted sections at scanning in non /safe mode must be omitted from the RPF file. Is that so?

PetrS

Yes, you need to remove all unwanted sections (AIDA64 information pages) from your RPF file to make sure you only get such details in your reports that you actually want to have there.

Using /SAFE a lot of pages get disabled (and so not written into the resulting report file) due to AIDA64 not being able to utilize its low-level features. Prime examples are the Chipset page, Sensor page, SPD page, ACPI page, GPU page, etc.