i7-3770k Temperature Readings

StyleRipper

Hello everyone,

Just recently built my computer and I've been a little paranoid with the temperature readings. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is normal? The attached picture is the idle temps, with the ambient temperature being about 26*C. I've ran Prime95 tests and the cores are at about 66-68*C and the highest I've seen was 72*C, but I only ran the test for 11 minutes. I'll take a screenshot of it when I run the tests again. I'm rather new to all of this type of monitoring and testing, so if anyone can suggest what kind of tests to run and for how long to get my maximum temperature, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm running a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler but the fan is only in the pull configuration because the Corsair Vengeance heat spreaders block the fan on the right side. If anymore information is needed, I'll be happy to provide it.

post-2916-0-23536200-1341942814_thumb.png

The TJMax is 105*C which gives me a little peace of mind, but still, those temps are kinda high. Could it be due to the higher ambient temperature? I'm trying to compare to what others have documented, and mine seems to be considerably higher especially at idle. Should I try to reinstall my CPU cooler? Anything else I could do to lower the temps? Idling at around 40*C seems a bit high for me, even with higher than normal ambient temps.

I wouldn't worry too much about those idle temperatures. Of course there may be a bit of room for improvement if you could improve the air flow of your system case. E.g. install a rear exhaust fan, and/or have a CPU cooler that blows air straight into the rear exhaust. I personally am not a huge fan of side mounted CPU fans ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

there are 2 reasons for high temperatur of CPU cores. Due to the new 22nm structure the temperature couldnt be transported out as fast as the 32nm structure. The second reason is the headspreader of cpu. It is not soldered anymore with chip. Only thermal compound is used now between headspreader and chip. Full load Temperatures up to 75°C are normal.

Greets Gerhard