AIDA64 Showing Wrong bus Clock speed

Ibraheem Magdi Talaat

Hello, 

i would appreciate some help here!!

i run windows 11 ,  with I7-8700K, overclocked through Intel extreme utility sine 4 years , everything seems corect exept AIDA64 sinse the latest update. my Bus clock speed is showing 23.9 instead of 100 MHZ with is cousing CPU clock to be 1122 MHZ  insteed of 4700Mhz . task manager , CPU-Z , INtel extreme utility , BIOS , HWMonitor .. all showing correct values. i tried all the solutions i found online with now way to solve it.

My main concern is which one is the true value . is it an issue from Aida64 or does my SPU accually runs on 1122Mhz?? 

Screenshot 2021-12-24 143819.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-24 144100.jpg

smbusdump_full.txt

8 hours ago, Ibraheem Magdi Talaat said:

Hello, 

i would appreciate some help here!!

i run windows 11 ,  with I7-8700K, overclocked through Intel extreme utility sine 4 years , everything seems corect exept AIDA64 sinse the latest update. my Bus clock speed is showing 23.9 instead of 100 MHZ with is cousing CPU clock to be 1122 MHZ  insteed of 4700Mhz . task manager , CPU-Z , INtel extreme utility , BIOS , HWMonitor .. all showing correct values. i tried all the solutions i found online with now way to solve it.

My main concern is which one is the true value . is it an issue from Aida64 or does my SPU accually runs on 1122Mhz?? 

Screenshot 2021-12-24 143819.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-24 144100.jpg

smbusdump_full.txt 29.1 kB · 0 downloads

This is due to a new sandboxing/virtualization feature of Win11 called Memory Integrity. You need to disable that feature to make the BCLK and CPU core clock measurement of AIDA64 indicate the right values.  We're working on a workaround for this issue.

Hi,

On my Win 11 "test rig" the Memory Integrity feature is turned off, so I can't see this being a memory integrity issue. Nevertheless, Aida64 (v6.60.5900) is reporting a CPU clock of 946.5 MHz instead of the original 3.7 GHz, which is overclocked anyway to 4.9-5.0 GHz. It is reporting a CPU FSB of 18.6MHz rather than 100 MHZ etc. Consequently, all my benchmarks for memory etc., are completely wrong. It does recognize the default CPUID information accurately.

It is also misreporting GPU memory clock, listing its minimum value as 50MHz instead of 405MHz on my RTX 3090 and GPU clock as 210Mhz but does not appear to track it  accurately. CPU-Z accurately reports CPU, FSB, and GPU frequencies.

Ron H 

• 3 months later...
On 12/28/2021 at 10:24 AM, Ronharr said:

Browsing further, I found that VBS is the “culprit “. Now disabled, Aida64 shows all the correct information. 
will any new version be designed to works when. VBS is enabled?

Ron H. 

Evidently, this is still an issue. I turned on VBS as a security update and my bus speed was reported incorrectly in AIDA64. OpenHardwareMonitor did report the correct values; so, that is a small download to use for troubleshooting.