The ability to read Asetek USB CPU Cooler data

mikeatroundhere

I am a new user but have spotted something quickly that would interest me.

As AMD, Intel and a number of other vendors like Antec have started to use Asetek USB CLC solutions I would really like to be able to capture the coolant temperature if possible.

This would be very useful in stress tests and the SensorPanel (which I do like to use).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We've implemented support for Asetek liquid cooling based systems in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2056njgtfy1xmrzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works. Please note that our solution requires you to have ChillControl installed, but not running. Unfortunately the USB driver ChillControl installs and uses doesn't allow sharing the cooling device between multiple applications, so AIDA64 can only monitor the device when ChillControl application is not running; and ChillControl can only monitor the device when AIDA64 is not running. We'll try to come up with a better solution, but driver limiations may stop us finding a more useful way :(