G19 3930K clock speed discrepancy

deakaloid

Love the software, purchased it to set up a snazzy display on my G19 but now I have everything in place I have noticed that the clock speed for my CPU isn't updating properly. AIDA64 CPUID speeds closely match those reported by CPU-Z and Core Temp but the G19 display I set up has entirely different values. Is this a bug? do I have some settings out of place or or that I need to enable to get this to report properly, little bit disappointed that this doesn't work as intended as it's the only reason I bought it.

Please let me know what you need from me to diagnose this properly

First of all, make sure to have the latest AIDA64 beta release installed, since we're constantly working on keeping AIDA64 up-to-date and issue-free:

http://www.aida64.co...66g3h5xslrdtzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

I guess the reason behind the clock differences may be that you have several entries put to the G19 LCD, and while AIDA64 is collecting those data and readings your CPU switches up to a higher clock speed to finish the job quicker. It's considered normal, but if you don't like how AIDA64 works, even with the latest AIDA64 beta, then please note that you have the option to issue a refund and get your money back. We're trying hard to develop a high quality product, but it may not be satisfactory for all PC users and usage scenarios out there ;)

Regards,

Fiery

Thanks for the reply Fiery,

I'm already on v2.50.2066 and also It doesn't appear to be switching to a higher clock speed in any of the other apps (including the main window of AIDA64) as it updates. If left idle all apps show my CPU is downclocked to 1.2 but the G19 LCD will show 3.0 or 2.8. Surely if the collecting of the data by AIDA64 was causing the CPU to use a higher clock speed this would be seen in the other apps I have open for comparison. If I run an application the forces the CPU to speed up, this will show in the G19 LCD as the CPU reaches 3.8, all apps show the same if the CPU is under load but when returning to idle the G19 LCD only drops to 3.0 or 2.8 while all the others show 1.2. To further test what you have suggested, I disabled the G19 LCD and created an OSD and only selected the CPU clock speed so as to minimise any data collection by AIDA64, this also shows the same clocks as the G19 LCD was reporting (2.8/3.0 when others report 1.2). From these tests I don't think it's an issue with the CPU switching to a higher clock to speed up the job as you have suggested

I don't wish for a refund, sorry if that was my tone, I just want to point out my observation and hope that you can address this bug and continue to develop this high class product

It looks like a weird anomaly, so if you could provide more info about your configuration, then we'll try to reproduce the issue on one of our LGA2011 test systems in a hope that we can fix it. Please let us know what Windows version do you have running and what motherboard do you have.

Thank you. We've done quite a few test runs using various settings on our LGA2011 systems, but couldn't reproduce the issue. Even when all OSD items, Desktop Gadget items and Logging items were enabled, the clock was still properly measured as 1200 MHz when the system was idle. Maybe on your system there's another monitoring software running which is interfering with AIDA64 hardware monitoring module?

I used to use Core Temp for temp monitoring but did away with that when I set up the LCD, I only reinstalled it again when I noticed the clock speed didn't look right. I don't use any other CPU monitoring software and only have EVGA Precision for the GPUs. The temps seem to be pretty accurate and that's what most important (although right now it reads 1201 Mhz, not sure if that's because I've just updated to v2.50.2071). I've uninstalled Core Temp again, will see how it goes and report back if things change. Thank you for taking a look anyway, much appreciated :)