Dell Dimension E520 - no sensor readings except HDD, no RAM infos

abachi

Here I have an older Dell Dimension E520. Aida64 (build 2108) doesn't seem to have much luck in retrieving some information from this system. On the Computer, Sensor page, I can only see the HDD's temperature, nothing more. On the Motherboard, Motherboard page there are no data about the speed of the system RAM. There are also no data about RAM timings on the Motherboard, Chipset, North Bridge page.

Please let me know what I can do to provide information you need to support this system.

Thank you for the feedback. Please do the following:

1) Go to the Motherboard / Chipset page in AIDA64

2) Then right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> PCI Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thanks. It seems our efforts to activate MCHBAR in your chipset doesn't work. The BIOS locks the MCHBAR, prevents AIDA64 from re-activating it, and so AIDA64 is still unable to read chipset details from MCHBAR. I'm afraid there's nothing more we can do about that :(

Yes, it's a BIOS (firmware) limitation that cannot be overridden on your system. On other Dell and Asus systems it is possible to do that, but on several other system the re-activation fails to work for some reason :( Fortunately on newer systems Intel dropped the MCHBAR locking trick.