Backup AIDA64 settings

There seems to have been a change to where the AIDA64 settings (sensor icons/LCD items, preferences, etc.) are stored in recent versions of the software.  In the past, I have simply backed up the entire AIDA64 folder in Program Files(s86).  This has worked perfectly, all settings and preferences restored when restoring this folder.  I reinstalled Windows 11 on my wifes PC last week, and restoring this folder did not work the way it used to.  All of the preferences and sensor icon settings were lost, and her LCD settings reverted to a much older design.  I am aware that I can export the LCD panel settings separately, and I will do that in the future.  What about sensor icon settings?  I am assuming these are now stored outside of the AIDA64 folder, but where?  Any advice on how to backup these settings will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!

On 5/1/2022 at 12:42 PM, edgecrusher13 said:

There seems to have been a change to where the AIDA64 settings (sensor icons/LCD items, preferences, etc.) are stored in recent versions of the software.  In the past, I have simply backed up the entire AIDA64 folder in Program Files(s86).  This has worked perfectly, all settings and preferences restored when restoring this folder.  I reinstalled Windows 11 on my wifes PC last week, and restoring this folder did not work the way it used to.  All of the preferences and sensor icon settings were lost, and her LCD settings reverted to a much older design.  I am aware that I can export the LCD panel settings separately, and I will do that in the future.  What about sensor icon settings?  I am assuming these are now stored outside of the AIDA64 folder, but where?  Any advice on how to backup these settings will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!

Settings (incl. LCD layout and sensor icons settings, etc) are still stored in the file called AIDA64.INI in the AIDA64 installation folder as long as AIDA64 has permissions to write to that folder.  When it has no permission to save the settings file there, it will put it into the local appdata folder, for example C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\FinalWire\AIDA64\AIDA64.INI