Cyborg Strike 7 Keyboard with Touch Screen built in

cerveau

This a just released keyboard by cyborg.

Theres a review here - sorry its another forum (dunno if thats allowed)

http://www.overclock...module-teardown

official site here

http://www.cyborggaming.com/strike7/

Not that AIDA needs the functions of a touch screen, but just being able to display it on

a keyboard & screen combo like that, would be tasty.

apparantly theres no SDK available for the screen though, so I guess it rules out using AIDA on it ?

(if you could use then it would blow the G19 out of the water)

thanks

• 3 months later...

How did it go with the SDK for this keyboard? Maybe we need to be on them more about it, every developer has to understand that releasing an SDK will increase the chances people buys their products, and they can get many ideas for improvements in the next version of the product from the modding community.

I created a support ticket "at Cyborg support" December 14, still no response so I'm not so sure about this company. You (Cyborg) can't run a business selling premium products without giving support every day of the week, atleast not if you want to be successful.

Edit: I wasnt really clear about who the target was, sorry. My native Language is Swedish so sometimes I might write things expecting people to understand what I mean, wich aint easy I know. :)

I created a support ticket December 14, still no response so I'm not so sure about this Company. You can't run a business selling premium products without giving support every day of the week, atleast not if you want to be successful.

Without a SDK there's not much we can do... If you want to put a fire under Cyborg, to push them into releasing a SDK, please feel free to do so. But it's not our responsibility to do that, since we are not customers of them.

Without a SDK there's not much we can do... If you want to put a fire under Cyborg, to push them into releasing a SDK, please feel free to do so. But it's not our responsibility to do that, since we are not customers of them.

Ofcourse it's not your responsibility, it was not directed towards Aida64 in any way, the text was targeted against Cyborg, sorry if I wasnt very clear.

I'll edit my post so it better reflects that it is Cyborg support wich is slow, especially when you consider the price on their products, that keyboard costs $299 USD, wich I think should include a premium support. They gave me a reply today, after 5 days.

I dont own their keyboard either but I still would like them to release the SDK because it looks like a pretty cool keyboard, I did put some fire under them though and got a reply that they will release a SDK in the beginning of 2013.

This is from Cyborg support:

At the moment we do not have a SDK for the public. We will have one ready at the beginning of next year as soon as we have a clear vision of what will be implemented in the keyboard.

After careful consideration I put an order on this Strike 7 keyboard, it just seems to be so much better quality. I'll just have to run Aida64 in the background until they released an SDK for it.

I had the chance to mess around with a Razer Deathstalker Extreme (Starwards edition) and this Mad Catz Strike 7, from that experience I can tell that there is a world of difference, the Razer's keyboard got flat keys that didnt feel good to type with at all, and sure the Strike 7 doesnt have mechanical keys but they are still better than the ones in my current G19.