Tab S8+ damaged due to direct sunlight.

piyush3bhuvan

Two days ago I bought Samsung tab s8+. Today in the morning i accidently left the my tab which was inside the Samsung's box [same box in which the tab came] under direct sunlight for about half an hour. Even though it was inside the box, the tab got pretty hot and battery drained completely. Then the tab was cooled down and charged as expected. First everything seemed normal. Later the day, device was getting warm for just simple tasks, sometimes uncomfortable to hold and also the battery was draining little bit faster. Plz suggest something. Can I claim Repair/Replacement under warranty? I am attaching the screenshot of  thermal temp at idle condition from Aida64.

IMG_20220517_194542_477.jpg

6 hours ago, piyush3bhuvan said:

Two days ago I bought Samsung tab s8+. Today in the morning i accidently left the my tab which was inside the Samsung's box [same box in which the tab came] under direct sunlight for about half an hour. Even though it was inside the box, the tab got pretty hot and battery drained completely. Then the tab was cooled down and charged as expected. First everything seemed normal. Later the day, device was getting warm for just simple tasks, sometimes uncomfortable to hold and also the battery was draining little bit faster. Plz suggest something. Can I claim Repair/Replacement under warranty? I am attaching the screenshot of  thermal temp at idle condition from Aida64.

IMG_20220517_194542_477.jpg

Those temperatures look normal.  I cannot comment on the warranty issue since I have no idea what you can or cannot claim at Samsung service centers about damages done or happening to your devices.  You need to ask them and see if they can do something about it.

• Like 1