Aida64 steals system focus ...

Tacyon

Not sure how else to term this ... but this is what I've observed ...

Easiest way is to highlight a few icons on your desktop, quickly move your mouse away from them and let go of the mouse. (keeps hands away) and you'll notice that the icons will go de-selected. This happens every few seconds and is annoying as hell when you're trying to work in a graphics app (Gimp) or other such all and Aida64 keeps stealing focus.

How do I know its Aida64 .... kill it and the symptoms 100% go away ....

Should Aida64 be run differently?

4 hours ago, Tacyon said:

Not sure how else to term this ... but this is what I've observed ...

Easiest way is to highlight a few icons on your desktop, quickly move your mouse away from them and let go of the mouse. (keeps hands away) and you'll notice that the icons will go de-selected. This happens every few seconds and is annoying as hell when you're trying to work in a graphics app (Gimp) or other such all and Aida64 keeps stealing focus.

How do I know its Aida64 .... kill it and the symptoms 100% go away ....

Should Aida64 be run differently?

It's caused by the always on top setting that you've enabled for either the SensorPanel or OSD Panel.  Win10/Win11 keeps taking the always on top setting away from AIDA64, and in order to assure that the SensorPanel / OSD Panel is still on top, AIDA64 has to periodically set the always on top window flag enabled to take the setting back from Windows.  That however may cause odd Windows Desktop handling behaviors.  Those behaviors are usually not that annoying than what you've described.  The workaround (not a real solution) to your issue is to avoid using always on top setting in AIDA64 Preferences.

Perfect - makes sense and I'll disable that since I'm sure I don't really need it. It just seemed like a good move when I started playing with it (Aida64)

I just noticed - Budapest, Hungary  being of the aged verity of human (existing before the interwebs) I'm always amazed at meeting people from all over the planet. And seeing that we really CAN all get along!  I wish the leaders and media would catch on to this.