Memory Latency

666 MHz means your memory cycle time is 1.5 ns, which equals to 1T. The memory chips are made of a matrix of cells, where there are a certain number of columns and rows. The 4 timing values represent the time your memory chips will take to access a row, a column, and then finally the actual data. The first 9 means CAS Latency = 9T = 9 x 1.5 ns in your case. The second 9 is for RCD, the third 9 is for RP, and the 24 is for RAS. It's quite a complex method, but you can read more about it at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_timings

Regards,

Fiery

Thanks for your answer.

But, I know about the timings. It just that I'm not able to find any correlation to my measured value 71ns.

At first I think the real frequency the memory is working with is 166MHz. 666MHz is only from prefetching data.

But also using this value (1/166 = 6ns) could not explain where this 71ns come from.

So here some more details what I'd like to do:

I measured the memory latency and now, I want to find out, if that value is what to expect by using the manufacture informations.

Is this even possible?

Best regards

André Grimm

Since there're several other factors (like memory controller's own latency), it's not possible to directly translate clocks+CL/RCD/RP/RAS timings into memory latency. Please note that clocks and CL/RCD/RP/RAS latency values are detected, while memory latency is measured.