Mad Catz STRIKE 7 and AIDA64?

UnnamedGuy

Hi,

actually I use a G19 with your AIDA64-Software.

I would like to purchase the ne Mad Catz Keyboard. Unfortunatelly I can not find any information if your software "deals" with the Strike 7.

Would you be so kind to tell me if the LCD-Feature in AIDA64 supports the Mad Catz Keyboard?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just had another chat with the support over at Mad Catz/Cyborg Gaming, and I got bad news, they dont have any plans to release a SDK for this keyboard. I was told in December 2012 that they would release the SDK in early 2013, and now they dont have any plans for it, pretty bad move from them if you ask me.

Anyone considering to buy this keyboard to use with Aida64, dont buy it, there are other keyboards with support for Aida64.

I just had another chat with the support over at Mad Catz/Cyborg Gaming, and I got bad news, they dont have any plans to release a SDK for this keyboard. I was told in December 2012 that they would release the SDK in early 2013, and now they dont have any plans for it, pretty bad move from them if you ask me.

Anyone considering to buy this keyboard to use with Aida64, dont buy it, there are other keyboards with support for Aida64.

That's bad news, but thank you for letting us know about their decision.

• 3 months later...

I feel the same way, want to move away from the G19 to a mechanical keyboard, but the display and AIDA64 stopping me :( Is there any mechanical keyboard with a LCD that AIDA64 can support ? :X 

You guys should make a app (2nd screen app) that can shows us stats on mobile devices while gaming or overclocking. Would help alot :)

I feel the same way, want to move away from the G19 to a mechanical keyboard, but the display and AIDA64 stopping me :( Is there any mechanical keyboard with a LCD that AIDA64 can support ? :X 

You guys should make a app (2nd screen app) that can shows us stats on mobile devices while gaming or overclocking. Would help alot :)

Just make sure to put more pressure on the Mad Catz guys.  Judging by the comments, it seems there's quite a demand for a SDK:

http://madcatz.com/strike7-destroy/

I'm sure eventually they will release a SDK for the Strike 7.

• 7 months later...

Indeed there is a SDK available now, which is a good news, of course.  The bad news is: the current SDK seems to be a very compact one, with many details, explanations and tools missing, like C++ headers, hw emulator, 64-bit DLLs, etc. We may or may not be able to work with that.  First, we have to order a STRIKE7 keyboard, and when it arrives, we'll see how far can we get with the current SDK.  In case we get stuck somewhere, we'll contact Mad Catz support for assistance.  I'll let you know in this topic once we have an update.  If everything goes well, we should be able to roll out a stable STRIKE7 LCD support for AIDA64 around September.

• Like 1

No worries, we've already ordered the keyboard. As soon as it arrives, we'll start working with the current SDK.  We've also sent Mad Catz an inquiry about the potential issues and missing parts we've found analyzing the first SDK release.  If they respond in a timely manner and the SDK is useful in its current form afterall, then the 3 months I've mentioned above for the stable implementation may be a lot shorter to get a beta stage Strike7 implementation in AIDA64 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We've implemented Mad Catz Venom LCD support in the latest AIDA64 Extreme beta release available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

You can activate the Mad Catz LCD in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD.  However, before doing that please make sure to copy the file called Strike7API.dll into the AIDA64 installation folder.  You can find that file in the APIDlls folder of the Mad Catz STRIKE7 API 1.0 package available for download at:

http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/strike7/

(just push the Download Latest SDK button at the bottom of the page)

In order to make this process more convenient, we've requested Mad Catz to include Strike7API.dll in their next driver package.  We've also requested them to enhance their current SDK to make it easier to use by other software developers.

Make sure to have the latest firmware running on your keyboard.

Once you've configured multiple pages for the Mad Catz LCD, you can switch between the pages by touching the LCD near its left edge (to go back a page) or near its right edge (to go to the next page).

Please let me know how it works.  Note that this is only a beta implementation, so it may or may not work perfectly :)

So I just have to replace to old folder with this new one?

And add the Strike7API.dll file?

and that's it?

Yes, that's it :)  Or when it comes to upgrading to new AIDA64 betas, in case you've already acquired a valid AIDA64 license, you can go to AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / General / NetUpdate, and change Update type to Stable and beta updates.  That way you can have a new beta update installed automatically every week.

Thank you for the feedback ;) You can change the LCD background colour in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / LCD to a solid colour.  If you want to put an image (picture) as the background, then you can add it as an LCD item.  Make sure to move the background image on the top of the list of LCD items (using the Move Up button), since the creating order of the items call for the background image to be the first in the list of items.  You can use a 480x320 pixel BMP, JPEG or PNG file as your background, and smaller images for decoration (e.g. logos, badges).