Mad Catz STRIKE 7 and AIDA64?

UnnamedGuy

I noticed one thing, not sure if its related to your software or not though, but if I set the update frequence to 500ms and display a clock on the LCD it behaves kind of odd, the seconds sometimes change very fast after another change and sometimes it takes slightly longer than a second. I dont think the 500ms frequence really is 500ms, setting this to 1000ms makes it behave like normal.

It is 500 msec, but it is the time between two updates, ie. the time between the end of the previous update and the start of the next update.  And such an update (of many monitored sensor items) could take between 50 to 1000 milliseconds.  When you've got a lot of sensor items on your LCD, or when one of them takes a lot of time to poll, the actual update rate of the LCD could be more than a second even with a 500 msec configured update frequency. And as you've pointed it out, the easiest way to notice that issue is watching the clock :)

• 1 month later...

This was really awesome, everything worked great initially, but now I have a problem all of a sudden!  Seemingly after an update from AIDA64, I'm no longer able to keep the AIDA64 app screen open on my STRIKE7.  It very randomly closes, sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes.  The Windows application is still running on my computer, so all I have to do is click on the AIDA64 icon on the STRIKE7 to open it again, but it's just a bit annoying compared to before when I could leave it open all day/night.  Has anyone else experienced this? I've been trying to troubleshoot it but haven't been successful figuring out what's causing it, and whether it's on my side of things or the program.  Any help is appreciated!   :unsure:

This was really awesome, everything worked great initially, but now I have a problem all of a sudden!  Seemingly after an update from AIDA64, I'm no longer able to keep the AIDA64 app screen open on my STRIKE7.  It very randomly closes, sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes.  The Windows application is still running on my computer, so all I have to do is click on the AIDA64 icon on the STRIKE7 to open it again, but it's just a bit annoying compared to before when I could leave it open all day/night.  Has anyone else experienced this? I've been trying to troubleshoot it but haven't been successful figuring out what's causing it, and whether it's on my side of things or the program.  Any help is appreciated!   :unsure:

Did you change any hardware in your computer recently? Or have you updated any drivers like ForceWare or Catalyst or the Strike7 drivers?

I installed the latest Beta version of aida yesterday. The LCD screen works for the first screen but when I touch it to switch screens the Keyboard crashes to a command prompt with a blinking cursor. this state remains until I unplug+replug the keyboard from USB and power.

It seems the crash is due to a bug in the Strike7 SDK that AIDA64 uses to communicate with the LCD screen. We've implemented a workaround to fix it from our end:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

But it will have an unfortunate side-effect: AIDA64 can no longer switch between LCD pages instantly. The page switch will only take place at the next LCD update, so it is best if you use the lowest update frequency possible, which is 500 milliseconds (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Update Frequency). Hopefully Mad Catz will fix their SDK soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I`m trying to get this to work as well. I have downloaded and tried both beta and stable version.

I put the Strike7API.dll in the installation folder, but i still get an error that states: Cannot find Strike7API.dll...

I`ve installed the software under "C:\Program Files\Aida64"

This is where i put the Strike7API.dll as well..

What am I doing wrong? :|

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Works awesome !!

It is very easy to use and configure. I had to use the Strike7API.dll in the win32 foldereven though I am running windows 8.1 64bit.

One thing I am finding is if I have info from Aida64 on the Venom LCD screen and touch the screen with my finger the venom LCD screen will reset. I am left with a black screen on the venom LCD with a prompt and then I have to unplug power to it so it will restart. After it restarts I have to start aida64 again. 

Another thing is the Aida64 info on the venom display will intermittently just quit and it will go back to the original venom screen. This intermittently happens not enough that it is a huge pain but still happens.

Love being able to monitor my system and brings new life to the Venom Screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Works awesome !!

It is very easy to use and configure. I had to use the Strike7API.dll in the win32 foldereven though I am running windows 8.1 64bit.

One thing I am finding is if I have info from Aida64 on the Venom LCD screen and touch the screen with my finger the venom LCD screen will reset. I am left with a black screen on the venom LCD with a prompt and then I have to unplug power to it so it will restart. After it restarts I have to start aida64 again. 

Another thing is the Aida64 info on the venom display will intermittently just quit and it will go back to the original venom screen. This intermittently happens not enough that it is a huge pain but still happens.

Love being able to monitor my system and brings new life to the Venom Screen.

In bold; I can confirm this also.

Those issues are due to bugs in the Strike7 SDK or driver. Please report them to Mad Catz, and hopefully they will fix it up.

• 7 months later...

Hi everybody,

I juste baught the stike7 and I search to install aida64 with it.

I'm on windows 10 pro with the latest update.

I have the latest firmware 2.0.3 on the strike7.

I have install the lates driver and software.

I put the dll in my folder where I have install Aida64.

And finaly I searching to enable the display in aida654 but I have the same error as jarlejs (Cannot find Strike7API.dll).

I don't understand where is the mistake.

If anybody can help me thanks a lot.

Hi everybody,

I juste baught the stike7 and I search to install aida64 with it.

I'm on windows 10 pro with the latest update.

I have the latest firmware 2.0.3 on the strike7.

I have install the lates driver and software.

I put the dll in my folder where I have install Aida64.

And finaly I searching to enable the display in aida654 but I have the same error as jarlejs (Cannot find Strike7API.dll).

I don't understand where is the mistake.

If anybody can help me thanks a lot.

Did you use the Strike7API.dll file from the Win32 folder of the Strike7 SDK ZIP package? ;)

• 2 months later...

For my dont work to change pages,any sugestion?Is there any possibility to change the page on keyboard?

Make sure to add items on Page 2..4, and then try to touch the LCD near the left and right edge to change page. It should work fine as long as the Strike7 SDK properly passes the touch events to AIDA64.

• 1 month later...
I'd like to second OCSI1970's issue: I can't change pages via touching the Strike 7's touch screen. 

When I first got AIDA working on the Strike 7, I wasn't sure how to change pages. I tried touching, but nothing happened. So I googled, and found this post. I then ensured I tried touching right at the edge.

The first time I tried it, the Strike 7 crashed to a blinking cursor in the upper right corner of the LCD.I rebooted the system. Since then, I can't get anything by touching the edge of the screen, not even a crash.

I have items on all 4 pages, and selecting different pages in the AIDA64 LCD preferences will cause the pages to change, and I can auto-cycle the pages if the preference to do so is selected, but that's it; I can't change pages by touching the screen.

I'd really like this to work, so thanks in advance for any help.

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon . Thank you revived my keyboard =)
it was convenient to monitor the health of a PC . Thank you !!!
it would be ideal if it was possible to see the fps in graphics applications . do you have plans to implement such a feature ?

On ‎2017‎. ‎03‎. ‎22‎. at 8:27 PM, jay228 said:

Good afternoon . Thank you revived my keyboard =)
it was convenient to monitor the health of a PC . Thank you !!!
it would be ideal if it was possible to see the fps in graphics applications . do you have plans to implement such a feature ?

You can use Fraps or Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) to measure FPS and then display it on your Mad Catz keyboard LCD via AIDA64.