Logitech ARX doesn't work

Injen

Just downloaded the latest trial version to try out the ARX compability.

I've enabled "Logitech ARX LCD" option and made some settings, but still there's only the default ARX value that are showing on my phone.

What have i missed?

What do you mean by "default ARX value" ? Can you see the splash screen of AIDA64 on your mobile device stating what resolution you need to configure in AIDA64 Preferences?

Wait what.. What Aida64 splash?

Aida64 5.00.3300 is installed on the computer. I launch Logitech Arx control, and this is what i see. This is the default ARX screen even when your not using Aida64.

Screenshot_2015_02_28_13_48_33.jpg

Or is there a Aida64 app for the smartphone that i have to use?

On the bottom row (with the big icons of Arx) there should be a new AIDA64 icon appearing once you've enabled Logitech Arx support in AIDA64. Once you tap on the AIDA64 Arx icon, the AIDA64 splash screen should appear on your mobile device. There's no need to install any AIDA64 apps on the mobile device.

As i guessed then :) But there seems to be a problem then.

I don't have that button, and i can't find anything in the option.

Just re-installed Logitech Gaming Software so that's not the problem.

Screenshot_2015_02_28_16_33_51.jpg

We've tested it on several Android and iOS devices, and Arx with AIDA64 works fine for us. Are you sure you've tried to find the AIDA64 icon on your mobile device by swiping left and right in the bottom row of Arx icons? The AIDA64 icon should appear as the right-most or left-most icon, depending on the type of device.

Are you sure you've tried to find the AIDA64 icon on your mobile device by swiping left and right in the bottom row of Arx icons? The AIDA64 icon should appear as the right-most or left-most icon, depending on the type of device.

That's the only thing i'm 100% sure of :) I even disabled all other applets.

But i have solved the problem. Even if it sounds wierd, here's what i did.

*First i re-installed LGS - That did not help

*Cleared the Arx app cache - That did not help

*Clean install of Arx app, even removed all folders left behind after un-install - That did not help

So one day at work, way out of reach of my Wi-fi, i accidently started Arx controll. And ofc it complained about there's no Wi-fi to reach. So i force closed the app.

LAter on that day when i was home i started Arx controll again, and voila. It worked. The Aida64 icon are visible now, but in the middle in the bar.

I don't know what happened or why it works now, but not before. Just a heads up for others who has the same problem, try this out :)

So one more question. Why can't we use a custom picture as background?

Also, there's something wrong with the preview screen and the real thing. I've made everything perfect in the preview, but it looks crap on the phone, and yes, i've changed the resolution.

So one more question. Why can't we use a custom picture as background?

You can put any images on your layout. If it's big enough, and you put it on top of your list, it will act as a background image.

Also, there's something wrong with the preview screen and the real thing. I've made everything perfect in the preview, but it looks crap on the phone, and yes, i've changed the resolution.

What mobile device is that, and what resolution did you configure? And what do you mean by "looks crap" ? :) I mean is the whole thing off, or just some of the items are off? Is it an offset (placement) issue or sizing issue?

You can put any images on your layout. If it's big enough, and you put it on top of your list, it will act as a background image.

What mobile device is that, and what resolution did you configure? And what do you mean by "looks crap" ? :) I mean is the whole thing off, or just some of the items are off? Is it an offset (placement) issue or sizing issue?

Oh sweet. I will give it a try later on.

The preview piucture looks great and as i want it, but in Arx it looks cropped and the font size is way to big. I'm using my Xperia Z2 atm with 1080x1920 as resolution. I can post some screen later on.

But here comes a new problem. Logitech released a new LGS version yesterday with a new firmware for the G910 keyboard, and now i can't find the Aida64 icon as before. I've tried everything but it wont appear :/

Oh sweet. I will give it a try later on.

The preview piucture looks great and as i want it, but in Arx it looks cropped and the font size is way to big. I'm using my Xperia Z2 atm with 1080x1920 as resolution. I can post some screen later on.

I suppose it's because you've configured the wrong pixel resolution in AIDA64 Preferences. You shouldn't use the native resolution of your device, but the resolution reported by the web browser of your device. In many cases that is a much lower resolution than the native resolution, like 1/3 of the native pixel values. Try to hide all items on your layout, and check the splash screen AIDA64 displays on your device: it will inform you about the resolution you have to use. E.g. on my Galaxy Note 3 the resolution I have to use is 360x495, as opposed to the actual native resolution of 1080x1920 pixels.

But here comes a new problem. Logitech released a new LGS version yesterday with a new firmware for the G910 keyboard, and now i can't find the Aida64 icon as before. I've tried everything but it wont appear :/

I've tried the new LGS application along with the new Arx Android app update, and automatic connection no longer works :( It seems Logitech will have to issue one more update to their Arx framework. We've reported the issue to our contacts at Logitech.

• 4 weeks later...

So a new LGS update is out and it seems to work now. The connection problem is gone.

But my problem is still there :/

Time to time, like 2 out of 3 times the Aida icon is missing in Arx. I've even tried it on my server with a different setup and same problem. My gaming rig is even newly formated.

So a new LGS update is out and it seems to work now. The connection problem is gone.

But my problem is still there :/

Time to time, like 2 out of 3 times the Aida icon is missing in Arx. I've even tried it on my server with a different setup and same problem. My gaming rig is even newly formated.

I'm afraid the error is still not on our end, so we cannot fix it from AIDA64 :(

So i'm having problem with not one computer, but two? And also three android devices? That sounds wierd.

In case the Arx framework and/or the Arx Android app has some connection or application enumeration issues, then it's quite normal to see the issue on all phones you've got, not just on one of them.

And as I've mentioned above, you may want to temporarily switch to the AIDA64 RemoteSensor feature which offers virtually the same benefits that Arx provides. Without the bugs, of course ;)

Ok thanks. It seems to work better now, but still there some issue with the missing Aida64 icon. I just have to learn to live with it for now :) Love the idea and flexibility.

I suppose it's because you've configured the wrong pixel resolution in AIDA64 Preferences. You shouldn't use the native resolution of your device, but the resolution reported by the web browser of your device. In many cases that is a much lower resolution than the native resolution, like 1/3 of the native pixel values. Try to hide all items on your layout, and check the splash screen AIDA64 displays on your device: it will inform you about the resolution you have to use. E.g. on my Galaxy Note 3 the resolution I have to use is 360x495, as opposed to the actual native resolution of 1080x1920 pixels.

I've tried to locate "my" resulotion but can't find any info. Do you mean the splash screen when i'm using Remote sensor?

I've tried to locate "my" resulotion but can't find any info. Do you mean the splash screen when i'm using Remote sensor?

The splash screen is only displayed when you've got no items on your LCD configured in AIDA64 Preferences, or when all the items are hidden. If you've already got a few items on your LCD (which I suppose you do), then try to select all items, and push the Hide button to hide them all at once. Then push the Apply button on the AIDA64 Preferences window, and the splash screen should be displayed. If you noted down the resolution to use, select all LCD items again and push the Unhide button to show them all at once.