AIDA64 Startup Issue

Duzdol

Under Preferences/General I have When AIDA64 starts: Hide Main Window (minimize to System Tray) selected. When my computer starts up the main window still opens and I have to manually minimize it. This also sometimes causes AIDA64 not to appear in my G19 LCD. If I close AIDA64 out and reopen it will show in my LCD, but the main window still opens and does not minimize to the system tray. I'm using Windows 7 64bit with the latest version of AIDA64.

Please try to disable automatic launching from Logitech drivers (using Logitech LCD Manager), and instead rely on the built-in auto-startup feature of AIDA64 that you can activate in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / General / Load AIDA64 at Windows startup.

Regards,

Fiery

That stopped the AIDA64 main window from showing at startup, but I lost my keyboard configuration and once I opened the Logitech software manually the main window for AIDA64 appeared and I still didn't have AIDA64 as an option in my LCD.

Have you checked that AIDA64 auto-launch is still disabled in Logitech LCD Manager?

Alternatively, you can have the option in AIDA64 ("Load AIDA64 at Windows startup") disabled, and let Logitech LCD Manager to launch AIDA64 at Windows bootup.

I lose my applet with the first method. The alternative seems to be working though. I'll monitor this over the next couple days and report back. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi, everybody! I have such problem (I must minimize AIDA64 main window manually every time after Windows 7 SP1 startup and I have point in Hide main window [minimize to System Tray] in General preferences) but I don't have a Logitech keyboard. How I can fixed this problem?

Hi, everybody! I have such problem (I must minimize AIDA64 main window manually every time after Windows 7 SP1 startup and I have point in Hide main window [minimize to System Tray] in General preferences) but I don't have a Logitech keyboard. How I can fixed this problem?

When you open the Preferences, do you have the option Layout / Hide icon and bubble in Notification Area disabled (unchecked), and the option General / Hide main window (minimize to System Tray) enabled?  Please note that you cannot hide the System Tray icon and have AIDA64 minimized to System Tray in the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

How simple! Now I'm sure if I disable Hide icon and bubble in Notification Area I'll solve my problem. But I have one more question. I've sensor icons with temperatures in Notification Area (aka System Tray). I think it's logically that AIDA64 main window minimized to System Tray to this sensor icons (not to System Tray icon because icon is disable) without manually minimize. What is your opinion? I hope you understand what I mean. Sorry, I don't fluent in English.

P.S. Russian and Ukrainian translates have some mistakes in this item ("Hide icon and bubble in Notification Area" - correctly is "Скрыть значок и уведомлениѠв ÑиÑтемном лотке" in Russian and "Сховати значок та Ð¿Ð¾Ð²Ñ–Ð´Ð¾Ð¼Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð½Ñ Ñƒ ÑиÑтемному лотку [or ÑиÑтемному Ñ‚реї]" in Ukrainian) and other items. If you need my help just tell me.

Thank you for helping out! Have a good day! :-)

Same problem here. I'ts very annoying. I have tray icon disabled (it's unuseful if you have many snesor tray icons visible, they allow you to open AIDA64). Do you mean that if I enable the tray icon main window will minimize OK?

Yes, that's how it works.  By having no AIDA64 tray icon and main window hidden, but sensor icons enabled, that would in theory enable you to show and hide the main window by double-clicking on one of the sensor icons.  But if you had the main window hidden, right-clicked on any of the sensor icons and choose to hide sensor icons, then you would block yourself out of using AIDA64.  Hence it would require a complicated rule if we'd involved sensor icons in that logic.

Fiery, I have a logitech G15 and I use aida64 to display all of my system temps on the Keyboard screen. It worked flawless on my old setup. I got a new board reinstalled windows 7 64bit and now Everytime at startup it locks up my whole computer for 2 mins. It only locks up when I have the both aida 64 and logitech gamepanel starting at boot. I have literally tried everything I can think of. I have updated every single driver, even uninstalled and reinstalled a few to see if I get a change to no avail. All the hardware is the same except the board, So it isnt any of my other hardware.  The new MOBO is a MSI 970A-G46. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Everything is up to date Aida64 logitech gamepanel ect. 

Fiery, I have a logitech G15 and I use aida64 to display all of my system temps on the Keyboard screen. It worked flawless on my old setup. I got a new board reinstalled windows 7 64bit and now Everytime at startup it locks up my whole computer for 2 mins. It only locks up when I have the both aida 64 and logitech gamepanel starting at boot. I have literally tried everything I can think of. I have updated every single driver, even uninstalled and reinstalled a few to see if I get a change to no avail. All the hardware is the same except the board, So it isnt any of my other hardware.  The new MOBO is a MSI 970A-G46. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Everything is up to date Aida64 logitech gamepanel ect. 

What happens if you let AIDA64 start with Windows, but later you close AIDA64 and re-open it manually?  Does it start slow then as well?

It only does it when I have it set to start at boot. I have the aida app checked in the Logitech game panel Software and I have the game panel set to not boot with windows. I have to manually start the software and it usually take no more than ten seconds to get the diagnostics on the screen.

Aida uses the task scheduler for the start on boot, by default with a 10 second delay. Try increasing the delay to 30 seconds.

At least that was what i did back then when i had a Logitech G19 to make sure Aida loads AFTER the logitech software.

I tried that already. You cant run game-panel without starting aida64 with it. When you have the aida applet checked in the game-panel software it automatically starts the software when it starts. If you uncheck it, you have to go into the game-panel software every time and check it to get your diagnostics to show up on the keyboard. I tried unchecking the auto-start box in the gamepanel software, and then scheduling gamepanel to auto start 30 seconds after boot, it doesn't lock up, but when it starts it brings the window up. It wont open into the task-tray. I looked at the options. I tried using the hide the service, I even tried setting it to start minimized at boot but the window still pops up when it starts. If I don't have the applet checked in game-panel, it doesn't lock up, but it wont show my diagnostics on the keyboard. Aida doesnt lock up on its own, it only does when it boots with the gamepanel software. I am really hoping that there will be an update soon and that it will patch this bug. This issue is really driving me nuts. I have tried everything I can think of, and I am willing to try anything that you guys suggest. I am completely out of Ideas on this one. Fiery, Please use your godlike powers and help me.

It sounds odd.  For us it works just fine with AIDA64 not enabled to be auto-started by Logitech software.  When you start AIDA64, it adds itself to the list of applets on the keyboard, and we can use the keyboard's physical button to cycle between applets --> select AIDA64, and there you go :)  Doesn't it work with your system?  If not, then please let us know the version of Logitech G15 Drivers you have installed, and we'll try to reproduce the issue on our G15 keyboard.

I have the latest Drivers off of the Logitech website. I have version 8.50 installed, and the latest stable build of aida 64. I have all of the other applets unchecked except for Aida because its the only one that I find useful. I guess I haven't tried installing the beta versions yet, but I doubt that would help.