Asus P8Z77 WS BIOS 3105

JeremyR

Hi,

I updated my BIOS on Asus P8Z77 WS to the latest release 3105.

On the first invocation of Aida64 following a reboot a motherboard unrecognised report is generated (a copy of which I have sent)

Following this Aida64 fails to launch correctly (no screen comes up).

I've tried release 2.6.2100 and beta 2.60.2153 - still has same problem.

Prior to installing latest BIOS had no problems.

Will this problem be solved in a new release sometrime soon?

Regds, JR

AIDA64 v2.60.2153 (latest beta release) should be fine for your motherboard. Please try to uninstall AIDA64 completely, restart Windows, install v2.60.2153 Beta, restart Windows again, and try AIDA64. If it still doesn't work, then please let us know exactly what happens after clicking on the AIDA64 icon, and also let us know if you've got any Asus software or other hardware monitoring, tweaking, overclocking or stress testing software installed.

Thanks,

Fiery

Hi Fiery,

I have uninstalled Aida64 (Control panel > uninstall program - is this sufficient?)

I have downloaded the latest beta (now 2160). I haven't installed it as there is no self-installing exe included in the package.

When I run the downloaded (2160) Aida64 application - I get a task bar entry but no Aida Windows is launched.

I have no other hardware monitoing software installed.

Regds, JR

That means AIDA64 may show its main window outside the Windows Desktop for some reason, or on a secondary display that is not connected or somehow misconfigured. Please try to close AIDA64, and remove the following Registry path (and everything inside it) using REGEDIT.EXE:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire

Also, go to AIDA64 folder, and if there's an AIDA64.INI file, make sure to delete it.

That should revert all AIDA64 settings back to default. If it still doesn't work, then please check if there's anything you can configure about multi-display support in Windows to make AIDA64 display its main window properly.

Hi Fiery,

You are spot on.

I deleted the registry path and checked for a .INI file (didn't have one) - made no difference.

I then realised that I had changed my primary display recently (in a multi-monitor set up) so I set everything back to as it was. The Aida 64 window then came up on a secondary display. I then dragged the window onto the 'old' primary display. I then set the primary display back to how I now want it to be. The next invocation then started up fine.

Many thanks- excellent support :)

Kind regds, JR