AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Fernando Gregoire

Warning abouyt actual maximum RAM memory supported

Dear AIDA64 developers:

When this week I asked about the maximum RAM memory that I could add to my computers, I thought a warning that AIDA64 may provide on the Chipset Page.

Some pages has one or more warnings after their info, for example about the potential inacuracy of DMI data. In the case of memory, I think that a warning of this kind on the Chipset page like "The actual maximum RAM memory you can add may be limited by your motherboard's DIMM slots. See your motherboard's user manual for more info." would be useful, of course localizable to every language.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Such warnings are meant to be short and easy to understand :) The problem with this particular issue is that it takes several sentences to properly explain what's going on, and what factors may determine the actual amount of system memory the motherboard supports.

Such warnings are meant to be short and easy to understand :) The problem with this particular issue is that it takes several sentences to properly explain what's going on, and what factors may determine the actual amount of system memory the motherboard supports.

Another alternative is including a single and relatively short sentence like "The actual ammount of maximum RAM memory may be limited by your motherboard" and explain in detail on the FAQ found in the AIDA64 Help. The DMI warning, for example, is a case of this: The warning just tells "Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed" but the help explains the cause.

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ronan2975
      Everything is said in the title.
      Today, I have already purchased an Intel Core i7 8700K CPU on Amazon's website but I miss (it lacks) the Linux operating system and the motherboard manufacturer reference. All the motherboard manufacturer references that I have already seen over the Web are unfortunately design for Windows (Asus, Gigabyte, ASrock, MSI) and I am used to working on Linux rather than on Windows because I know better Linux than Windows.
      And I would like to install VMware Workstation Pro for Linux, that I have already purchased, to have afterwards a Windows virtual machine (I have already purchased a Windows 10 License at Microsoft).
      I look forward to reading you

• By c2aku
      I just bought a new RAM and installed it on my laptop and opened AIDA64 and I found out that my new installed ram(KINGSTON) is not showing under SPD in motherboard drop-down menu but it is showing my older RAM(HYNIX)  which was previously installed.

• By Oldmanbythesea
      Hi there I’ve got a peculiar issue that I am unsure if it is system or program related. Am using latest stable release. When running all other tests are fine. Would appreciate any help
      But the moment I start the systems memory test it’ll rise to 100% and hang after 2-3s. No oc on ram. Running on xmp setting. Ram is g.skill trident z rgb 64gb (8x8) 3200
      system:
      6900k OC at 4.5/4.4
      cache OC at 35
      asus rampage v edition 10
      ram as above 
      evga classified 1080ti sli
      evga 1600w psu
      samsung 960 Pro 1TB
      samsung 950 Pro 512gb

• By bao007fei
      Hey guys, there is something strange happened.
      ryzen1700, asus b350 plus, bios version 0805(latest), windows 10 version 1703(latest)
      Bios default settings, everything is fine.
      Bios optimized settings, which is only overclocking CPU to 3.65ghz( memory clock is default 2133) . And I can't complete the Cache and Memory Benchmark, my computer black out during the copy phase every time. The system stability test works fine, the CPU temperature maintained about 61°.
      How can I fix it?
    • By Juan
      Hello I have a toshiba A665-sp6004m laptop with the following specifications: -Operating System • Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit • Intel® Core i7-740QM Processor or 1.73 GHz (2.93 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology), 6MB Cache • Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT330M with 1GB GDDR3 discrete graphics memory, plus up to 1758MB Dynamically allocated shared graphicsmemory using NVIDIA® TurboCache ™ technology. • Configured with 4GB DDR3 (max 8GB) I currently have 2 samsung modules of 2gb of 1066mhz each and I want to increase the ram memory that brings up to 8gb, I offer a crucial memory mark CT5308315 that is compatible with my lap and it is the following: http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/satellite-a665-sp6004m/CT5308315#productDetails Crucial Brand Form Factor SODIMM Total Capacity 8GB Kit (4GBx2) Specs DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL = 11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • Crucial Series ECC NON-ECC Speed 1600 MT / S Tracer False Voltage 1.35V DIMM Type Unbuffered Bullet Features But I have also seen the kingston hyper x HX316LS9IB / 4 impact for the same price that I offer the crucial brand with the following specifications: http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX316LS9IB_4.pdf CL (IDD) 9 cycles Row Cycle Time (tRCmin) 48.125ns (min.) Refresh to Active / Refresh 260ns (min.) Command Time (tRFCmin) Row Active Time (tRASmin) 33.75ns (min.) Maximum Operating Power TBD W * @ 1.35V UL Rating 94 V - 0 Operating Temperature 0o C to 85o C Storage Temperature -55 ° C to + 100 ° C Here the detail is that I do not know if this Kingston memory is compatible with my laptop, which one would you recommend? Thank you very much