Warning abouyt actual maximum RAM memory supported

Fernando Gregoire

Dear AIDA64 developers:

When this week I asked about the maximum RAM memory that I could add to my computers, I thought a warning that AIDA64 may provide on the Chipset Page.

Some pages has one or more warnings after their info, for example about the potential inacuracy of DMI data. In the case of memory, I think that a warning of this kind on the Chipset page like "The actual maximum RAM memory you can add may be limited by your motherboard's DIMM slots. See your motherboard's user manual for more info." would be useful, of course localizable to every language.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Such warnings are meant to be short and easy to understand :) The problem with this particular issue is that it takes several sentences to properly explain what's going on, and what factors may determine the actual amount of system memory the motherboard supports.

Such warnings are meant to be short and easy to understand :) The problem with this particular issue is that it takes several sentences to properly explain what's going on, and what factors may determine the actual amount of system memory the motherboard supports.

Another alternative is including a single and relatively short sentence like "The actual ammount of maximum RAM memory may be limited by your motherboard" and explain in detail on the FAQ found in the AIDA64 Help. The DMI warning, for example, is a case of this: The warning just tells "Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed" but the help explains the cause.

Thanks!