RemoteSensor

COSTAJUNIOR

• Sensor Moderators

I'm venturing into making animated sensors using the RemoteSensor option, but when I click on new, the Custom Gauge option doesn't appear, as I've never created it before and is it normal for this option not to appear?

tela.png

This is a very good question! I never realised in my messing around with Aida64 that the RSLCD panel doesn't appear to have custom gauges!? How odd!  Following this topic as I'd like to know too (I just looked and don't see a way to do it).

In fact, after some quick tests - If I import a .SensorPanel that has custom gauges, their item type becomes "Arc Gauge" and the custom gauge show as expected in the preview/edit window, however when viewed (127.0.0.1) the gauges are not there.  If you try to edit a gauge, you can't alter the custom images. (Again, not that they're working in the "live view" anyways)

So why are custom gauges in sensorpanel but not in remotesensor lcd panel?

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, COSTAJUNIOR said:

I'm venturing into making animated sensors using the RemoteSensor option, but when I click on new, the Custom Gauge option doesn't appear, as I've never created it before and is it normal for this option not to appear?

tela.png

The Logitech Arx and RemoteSensor LCD modules do not support Gauges, but only Arc Gauges.

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

The Logitech Arx and RemoteSensor LCD modules do not support Gauges, but only Arc Gauges.

But why?  Logitech Arx is an App right? Why couldn't you allow Custom Gauges in the RemoteSensor LCD part, and if the device or app doesn't support them, they don't show? Maybe I'm missing something more complicated lol

• Like 1

• Sensor Moderators
On 8/5/2022 at 8:34 AM, IAmOrion said:

But why?  Logitech Arx is an App right? Why couldn't you allow Custom Gauges in the RemoteSensor LCD part, and if the device or app doesn't support them, they don't show? Maybe I'm missing something more complicated lol

It's a shame this happens as well there could be some way we can add our custom sensors.
@IAmOrion I'm making this model but I confess that it's a lot of work, not to mention that it's very unstable, when I open the RSLCD Viewer a lot of errors appear as shown in the screens below.
There would be a solution for this.

tela4.jpg

tela.jpg

21 hours ago, COSTAJUNIOR said:

It's a shame this happens as well there could be some way we can add our custom sensors.
@IAmOrion I'm making this model but I confess that it's a lot of work, not to mention that it's very unstable, when I open the RSLCD Viewer a lot of errors appear as shown in the screens below.
There would be a solution for this.

tela4.jpg

tela.jpg

The YouTube video is just using Animated GIFs - Not sure it's a viable proper workaround, since you still can't use custom gauges showing custom values, you're just showing an animated gif that looks like a gauge, but actually does not function like one, hence why it doesn't show a value, it just repeats it's movement around the number.  The number itself WILL be correct, since it's just a normal sensorvalue number.

The Bluescreen error seen comes from my program, I coded that, it's supposed to show if it can't connect to whatever URL you have entered in the settings.

As for Exception Violation, that is a very strange one.  As mentioned, you can see from my source code (on github) that my program doesn't actually reference Aida64.exe is any way, shape or form.  Since my app is basically just a web browser, built to be used with Aida, it doesn't actually interact with Aida so to speak - you could run my RSLCD Viewer on a computer that isn't running aida64, and just set the url to google.com for example and it would work.  So no idea how it's caused that strange Exception error but I'm looking into it :)

On 8/5/2022 at 1:34 PM, IAmOrion said:

Both Arx and RemoteSensor work via wireless connection, and sending dynamic image files (gauge state images) over wireless connection could overwhelm the network.  We believe Arc Gauges are a lot more suitable for that kind of usage scenario since they do not require large files to be sent over the network.

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

Both Arx and RemoteSensor work via wireless connection, and sending dynamic image files (gauge state images) over wireless connection could overwhelm the network.  We believe Arc Gauges are a lot more suitable for that kind of usage scenario since they do not require large files to be sent over the network.

I see! That makes sense, I understand.

Although, with that said, I still think it should be an option.  Some people want to use RemoteSensor for its ability to use animated gifs.  There's demand a usage scenario where the file sizes don't really matter, since they're being viewed the same computer, using 127.0.0.1.  There's no worry about data over wireless connections when using them in that sense.  

Perhaps there's a "feature request" contact, where this idea could be forward to allow custom gauges in RemoteSensor panels - with a warning/notification shown so users know it's not wise if using RemoteSensor remotely (as intended) - but it's ok for those running locally on same machine.

Either that, or simply add animated gif support to the OSD Sensor Panel! That's mostly the reason people are looking at RSLCD formats - to add animations.  If the normal OSD panel worked with animated gifs, that'd be perfect for those purely using RemoteSensor for the gif feature.