New User, First 2 Monitors tried, and they failed, Seeking elusive 7-inch display.

Diver71

Hello,

Thank you for allowing me to join the AIDA64 forum. 

New user here, seeking a 7-inch display/monitor without success.  

I first tried an old no-name Chinese 7-inch which works, but the panel turned into a mess upon using it with sample panels. (text was all over the place).  Next I ordered the Ebay "7" Capacitive Touch Screen IPS LCD Display HDMI For Raspberry Pi AIDA64 Monitor " which is advertised to be AIDA64 compatible.  Upon arrival it was detected by Windows 10, but only displayed a solid blue or black screen.  Half a day of troubleshooting and trying it on 2 other computers failed to resolve it.  The OEM only provides Raspberry Pi drivers for it, so no go there. So I'm returning it for refund.  

Next I went to the AIDA64 application, under Settings ---> Hardware Monitoring ---> LCD Items.  When I click on a monitor listed there, the entire menu block changes to something else, and so I'm only able to ID names there.  Some are big names but their monitors are way larger than 7-inch.  Searching around on NewEgg and Amazon for "AIDA64 monitor" returns a list of Raspberry Pi oriented monitors with no indication of the compatibility with AIDA64.  User reviews on Amazon are considerably negative.  

If I'm supposed to be looking for a VFD monitor, I have no idea what VFD monitor is.  Search engine searches describe a Variable Frequency Drive motor controller. 

I'll be most grateful for your opinions on good, reliable 7-inch monitor choices and where to buy.  

Many Thanks!!!

49 minutes ago, Diver71 said:

Hello,

Thank you for allowing me to join the AIDA64 forum. 

New user here, seeking a 7-inch display/monitor without success.  

I first tried an old no-name Chinese 7-inch which works, but the panel turned into a mess upon using it with sample panels. (text was all over the place).  Next I ordered the Ebay "7" Capacitive Touch Screen IPS LCD Display HDMI For Raspberry Pi AIDA64 Monitor " which is advertised to be AIDA64 compatible.  Upon arrival it was detected by Windows 10, but only displayed a solid blue or black screen.  Half a day of troubleshooting and trying it on 2 other computers failed to resolve it.  The OEM only provides Raspberry Pi drivers for it, so no go there. So I'm returning it for refund.  

Next I went to the AIDA64 application, under Settings ---> Hardware Monitoring ---> LCD Items.  When I click on a monitor listed there, the entire menu block changes to something else, and so I'm only able to ID names there.  Some are big names but their monitors are way larger than 7-inch.  Searching around on NewEgg and Amazon for "AIDA64 monitor" returns a list of Raspberry Pi oriented monitors with no indication of the compatibility with AIDA64.  User reviews on Amazon are considerably negative.  

If I'm supposed to be looking for a VFD monitor, I have no idea what VFD monitor is.  Search engine searches describe a Variable Frequency Drive motor controller. 

I'll be most grateful for your opinions on good, reliable 7-inch monitor choices and where to buy.  

Many Thanks!!!

Maybe a 7-inch BeadaPanel?

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/7283-new-68-ips-screen-launched-to-beadapanel-lcd-family-now/