New 6.8" IPS Screen launched to BeadaPanel LCD Family Now!

beada

1 hour ago, beada said:

In addition to the current 5" and 7" LCD screens, a new 6.8" IPS screen is now added to the BeadaPanel LCD family. The screen resolution is 1280x480, and the mechanical dimensions are 181x67x25mm. A look with that awesome screen.

Awesome news!  AIDA64 implements support for the new screen in AIDA64 v6.32.5608.  We are committed to continue supporting new BeadaPanel displays as the folks at NXElec keep releasing new and improved variants to it.

• Like 2

• Fiery featured and pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Any idea where I can purchase this unit in Canada? Have been looking online and cant find it anywhere. Can it display in both landscape and portrait mode? One last question. It connects thru USB as I understand. Would graphics performance take a hit as it would if connected thru HDMI? Asking because I want to install in a custom gaming PC but dont want to compromise graphics performance.

Thanks

main2-800.png

You can purchase currently on ebay and here is the link-->https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125476272538

Or you can buy from BeadaPanel Online Shop. Buy from online shop may eliminate a little of platform charges from ebay.

This screen can work under landscape or portrait mode and you can find pics in kodachrome's post either.

For GPU performance, since the screen is a winUSB device only under Windows so there will be no negative influence to your graphic performance at all.

Edited by beada
Add link to BeadaPanel online shop

On 2/20/2021 at 2:20 AM, beada said:

You can purchase currently on ebay and here is the link-->https://www.ebay.com/itm/124510666036

This screen can work under landscape or portrait mode and you can find pics in kodachrome's post either.

For GPU performance, since the screen is a winUSB device only under Windows so there will be no negative influence to your graphic performance at all.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Greatly appreciated.

Great to know there is no impact on graphics. I ordered the 6.8". The 5" was really tempting. I will be integrating the 6.8" into a custom water cooled PC case mod I am currently working on. It is (or was) an AZZA Genesis 9000B I originally bought in 2011-2012. All factory plastic gone and chassis modified. Not recognizable as the original. No home for it yet, just a project.

Can the 6.8" do anything other than just display Aida64? Is it compatible with any other software or Windows functionality?

20 hours ago, xmanrigger said:

Thanks a lot for the reply. Greatly appreciated.

Great to know there is no impact on graphics. I ordered the 6.8". The 5" was really tempting. I will be integrating the 6.8" into a custom water cooled PC case mod I am currently working on. It is (or was) an AZZA Genesis 9000B I originally bought in 2011-2012. All factory plastic gone and chassis modified. Not recognizable as the original. No home for it yet, just a project.

Can the 6.8" do anything other than just display Aida64? Is it compatible with any other software or Windows functionality?

For now there is no further Windows functionality support but a WinUSB device. However the communication protocol between USB peers is open, so purposes of BeadaPanel device are fairly expandable.

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING!

If you are in Canada, before you order one of these from ebay, fully check charges! This has become totally ridiculous. DHL is now holding the LCD hostage with extortion fees.

I originally paid $99US for the LCD and $30US for shipping. After the currency exchange, my CC was charged $169.27CAD. Was a lot more than I wanted to pay, but I wanted it. I was under the impression that the $30 covered shipping and handling. NOT SO!

DHL now wants an additional $42CAD before they will deliver it. So now I will have paid $211CAD for a tiny little LCD that does next to nothing. Hell, a person can but a decent  24"-27" 1080 monitor for that cost. Anybody have a bridge they wanna sell? With that said, nobody held a gun to my head forcing me to buy it. Just frustrated about getting nickled and dimed on a novelty I didnt really need, and not even remotely worth the cost.

Would be nice if a 3rd party would import a sea-can full of them and sell at a reasonable cost. This item should be priced no higher than $100CAD all inclusive. Its not even plug-and-play.

Dont get me wrong. I am not pooping on the forum. Just giving a heads up to those that may want one of these. The seller on ebay should state these extra fees. Had I known the total cost, I would not have even entertained the thought of buying one. And hey, I still dont have it!

7 hours ago, xmanrigger said:

WARNING!

If you are in Canada, before you order one of these from ebay, fully check charges! This has become totally ridiculous. DHL is now holding the LCD hostage with extortion fees.

I originally paid $99US for the LCD and $30US for shipping. After the currency exchange, my CC was charged $169.27CAD. Was a lot more than I wanted to pay, but I wanted it. I was under the impression that the $30 covered shipping and handling. NOT SO!

DHL now wants an additional $42CAD before they will deliver it. So now I will have paid $211CAD for a tiny little LCD that does next to nothing. Hell, a person can but a decent  24"-27" 1080 monitor for that cost. Anybody have a bridge they wanna sell? With that said, nobody held a gun to my head forcing me to buy it. Just frustrated about getting nickled and dimed on a novelty I didnt really need, and not even remotely worth the cost.

Would be nice if a 3rd party would import a sea-can full of them and sell at a reasonable cost. This item should be priced no higher than $100CAD all inclusive. Its not even plug-and-play.

Dont get me wrong. I am not pooping on the forum. Just giving a heads up to those that may want one of these. The seller on ebay should state these extra fees. Had I known the total cost, I would not have even entertained the thought of buying one. And hey, I still dont have it!

Though Canada custom will charge tariff on value of $20CAD and above, $42CAD tariff on $99USD import goods is too high. Did you contact your DHL agent for a detailed bill? You can contact seller for this issue.

3 hours ago, beada said:

Though Canada custom will charge tariff on value of $20CAD and above, $42CAD tariff on $99USD import goods is too high. Did you contact your DHL agent for a detailed bill? You can contact seller for this issue.

Ebay seller was esky-sh. I have ordered other items from China and never had any fees other than cost and shipping.

After getting the run around over the phone with DHL trying to get the breakdown, DHL gave me this:

$4.00 Duty

$21.00 GST

$17.00 DHL

The duty and GST I can justify if any additional charges. But how DHL figures they are entitled to more is beyond me. Bottom line is the item is grossly over priced. But again, nobody's fault but my own. I guess I get to wear the "I'm stupid" sign on my back for a couple of days. I sure the hell aint gonna tell anyone what I paid for it if they ask. Too embarrassed.

Sorry for the negative tone. Am just shocked at to see what it actually cost me. And for something as basic and simple as it. Hopefully my next post here is telling everyone how cool as shit it is. I hope the sdk isnt a nightmare.

2 hours ago, beada said:

We use Windows WinUSB library for software development. And here is a demo project on github

Hello Beada, thanks for the reply.

Holy wow! Looks way beyond my skills. Should have looked into this more first. Not a clue what to do. I thought it was just a simple download. So I have to know programming to get the Breadapanel to work? Is the coding specific to the PC the LCD is to run on?

Are there any instructions on how to get this to work? If not, if somebody in Canada is wanting one these, I will sell this one. It should arrive here tomorrow. $200CAD.

Too bad. It looked pretty cool and have been wanting something of the sort for quite some time. But it looks a bit too intensive for me. Maybe intimidating is a better word. I am presently learning Fusion 360. Not sure I have the time to learn programing as well.

Anyways, my bad once again. Should have researched the panel more first.

46 minutes ago, xmanrigger said:

Hello Beada, thanks for the reply.

Holy wow! Looks way beyond my skills. Should have looked into this more first. Not a clue what to do. I thought it was just a simple download. So I have to know programming to get the Breadapanel to work? Is the coding specific to the PC the LCD is to run on?

Are there any instructions on how to get this to work? If not, if somebody in Canada is wanting one these, I will sell this one. It should arrive here tomorrow. $200CAD.

Too bad. It looked pretty cool and have been wanting something of the sort for quite some time. But it looks a bit too intensive for me. Maybe intimidating is a better word. I am presently learning Fusion 360. Not sure I have the time to learn programing as well.

Anyways, my bad once again. Should have researched the panel more first.

First of All, I apologize if there are any mis-leading/mis-understandings in this conversation around terminology of 'SDK'. Typically we develop our own application software beyond a specific sotware development kit or platform. And we usually call this kit or platform 'SDK'. 

For using of BeadaPanel screen together with AIDA64 for hardware monitoring, you should just plug the BeadaPanel screen into your PC with the USB cable, open your AIDA64 software on your PC and connect to BeadaPanel on AIDA64 LCD Preference page. It is straightforward, click-through and nothing to do with source code writing. 

7 hours ago, beada said:

First of All, I apologize if there are any mis-leading/mis-understandings in this conversation around terminology of 'SDK'. Typically we develop our own application software beyond a specific sotware development kit or platform. And we usually call this kit or platform 'SDK'. 

For using of BeadaPanel screen together with AIDA64 for hardware monitoring, you should just plug the BeadaPanel screen into your PC with the USB cable, open your AIDA64 software on your PC and connect to BeadaPanel on AIDA64 LCD Preference page. It is straightforward, click-through and nothing to do with source code writing. 

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to see support.

I apologize for my misunderstanding. When I looked at the link you had provided, it looked as though there was some compiling involved. Tracking indicates the panel should be delivered today. Looking forward to getting it in my hands.

As I said in previous post, I have been wanting one for quite some time. I have been using a Logitech G15 keyboard display since the G15's release way back in the Everest days. Alternately, I had been using and old 17" LCD monitor that had lots of room to display Aida64. Graphics performance took a hit when gaming with a 2nd monitor though, so I went back to just the G15. It is the 3rd G15 I have owned. I tried the newer colour version, the G19, but the text was too small, so I reverted back to the G15.

Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered this panel as the HDMI ones cause micro mouse lag as their Pixel Clock is only 30 Hz. Anyway, will the  USB 3.0 header or USB type E-header on the mobo (msi z490 gaming) work for having this device recognized in win10 through the corresponding micro usb adapter cable?

On 4/9/2021 at 1:20 AM, an7user said:

Ordered this panel as the HDMI ones cause micro mouse lag as their Pixel Clock is only 30 Hz. Anyway, will the  USB 3.0 header or USB type E-header on the mobo (msi z490 gaming) work for having this device recognized in win10 through the corresponding micro usb adapter cable?

BeadaPanel should work with all USB ports which equipped with USB 2.0 High-Speed support, though we did not have a test with Type E adapter cable yet. So let us know the result after your test. :)

• 3 months later...