New 6.8" IPS Screen launched to BeadaPanel LCD Family Now!

beada

@beada

Edit...

Anyone know of a premade case for this 6.8 screen? I want something that will look clean sitting on a desk or mounted under a monitor.

Man I really wish Beada made full cover cases for their screens. They seem like the easiest and best way to integrate with Aida. 

If your listening beada, Get someone to make cases for your screens! :) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, criskoe said:

@beada

Edit...

Anyone know of a premade case for this 6.8 screen? I want something that will look clean sitting on a desk or mounted under a monitor.

Man I really wish Beada made full cover cases for their screens. They seem like the easiest and best way to integrate with Aida. 

If your listening beada, Get someone to make cases for your screens! :) 

@kodachrome uploaded a 3D printable case for this screen. Did you have a check with his design files on this website?

2 hours ago, beada said:

@kodachrome uploaded a 3D printable case for this screen. Did you have a check with his design files on this website?

Yeah I saw it on the first page. Not really what I’m looking for in a case tbh. His is more like a protective case. I’m looking for something like a completely finished stand. Something that looks like a real finished product. You know something like a Corsair Nexus or a google nest hub. Something that sits at a slight angle vertically that you have on the desk. 

It doesn’t seem to exist. Surprised none of the big gaming companies have made one yet. Corsair Nexus is the closest thing but needs to be like 3-4 times bigger. 

• 1 month later...

My Logitech G19 was starting to finally die so I needed a simple Aida lcd screen solution for my desk that looked good. I really wanted something clean looking with a simple usb connection. No hdmi second screen tweaking. After searching, there doesn't seem to be a completely finished option available at all surprisingly. Just janky 3d printed stuff. Shame really.

Anyways, I ended up going with the 7 inch Beada panel cause it comes with a front bezel at least and figured I could make it work some how. After lots of brainstorming on what would be the easiest way that would look good. I came up with this. I Used a 1/6 thin sheet of ABS plastic that I cut and bent to wrap around the sides of the screen and sandwich between the bezel lip and back acrylic plate that comes with the screen. I also attached a cheap iPad stand to the back acrylic plate with some small nuts and bolts so the screen can tilt at multiple angles and stand up solid and sturdy. Lots of adjustment with Zero wobble. And lastly gave all the parts a nice thin coat of flat enamel spray paint. I think It turned out pretty nice. I mean its not perfect but I'm very please with it. Could actually almost pass as a finished product. Over all it wasn't too hard to make. The side cover part was a bit of a pain to get the bends perfect so they were flush with the bezel and back plate. Took me 3 or 4 try's to get the piece perfect. The rest was super simple stuff. It would be nice if Beada could included a simple Side trim ring like I made for their screens. Really cleans it up. 

Im also so happy I went with a display that only needs a USB cable for both power and display. I hated the idea of using HDMI and second screen issues and weirdness. USB only is the only way to go IMO... 

:( Now I'm just trying to figure out why Aida64 has missing and incorrect values for some of my sensors. I have the most recent version and I cant seem to get it right. :( 

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

Tilt.jpg

Center Setup.jpg

Left Side Setup.jpg

Right Side Setup.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, criskoe said:

My Logitech G19 was starting to finally die so I needed a simple Aida lcd screen solution for my desk that looked good. I really wanted something clean looking with a simple usb connection. No hdmi second screen tweaking. After searching, there doesn't seem to be a completely finished option available at all surprisingly. Just janky 3d printed stuff. Shame really.

Anyways, I ended up going with the 7 inch Beada panel cause it comes with a front bezel at least and figured I could make it work some how. After lots of brainstorming on what would be the easiest way that would look good. I came up with this. I Used a 1/6 thin sheet of ABS plastic that I cut and bent to wrap around the sides of the screen and sandwich between the bezel lip and back acrylic plate that comes with the screen. I also attached a cheap iPad stand to the back acrylic plate with some small nuts and bolts so the screen can tilt at multiple angles and stand up solid and sturdy. Lots of adjustment with Zero wobble. And lastly gave all the parts a nice thin coat of flat enamel spray paint. I think It turned out pretty nice. I mean its not perfect but I'm very please with it. Could actually almost pass as a finished product. Over all it wasn't too hard to make. The side cover part was a bit of a pain to get the bends perfect so they were flush with the bezel and back plate. Took me 3 or 4 try's to get the piece perfect. The rest was super simple stuff. It would be nice if Beada could included a simple Side trim ring like I made for their screens. Really cleans it up. 

Im also so happy I went with a display that only needs a USB cable for both power and display. I hated the idea of using HDMI and second screen issues and weirdness. USB only is the only way to go IMO... 

:( Now I'm just trying to figure out why Aida64 has missing and incorrect values for some of my sensors. I have the most recent version and I cant seem to get it right. :( 

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

Tilt.jpg

Center Setup.jpg

Left Side Setup.jpg

Right Side Setup.jpg

I'm sorry that this place is as quiet as a graveyard most of the time. You'd think with Sensor panels getting so popular these days that this place would be a hive of activity but unfortunately its not...but I'm here tonight....and I am taking the time to tell you that that is an epic mod you should be proud of and you would never know it was DIY. Amazing work!!

A question for the Beada fans here.

I am buying this particular Beada 6.8" Screen for the front of my Media Server case but will also be buying the Phone screen sized 5" model for a HTPC Formfactor PC build for my brother. This 6.8" inch one is an IPS Panel whereas the 5" one comes in both IPS and TFT screen types. Is it worth paying the extra $20 for the IPS version for a screen this size used as a Sensor panel or should I save that $20 which effectively pays for most of the shipping cost. (I know I can't buy a TFT version of the 6.8" screen as it only comes in an IPS version)

52 minutes ago, Calibos said:

I am buying this particular Beada 6.8" Screen for the front of my Media Server case but will also be buying the Phone screen sized 5" model for a HTPC Formfactor PC build for my brother. This 6.8" inch one is an IPS Panel whereas the 5" one comes in both IPS and TFT screen types. Is it worth paying the extra $20 for the IPS version for a screen this size used as a Sensor panel or should I save that $20 which effectively pays for most of the shipping cost. (I know I can't buy a TFT version of the 6.8" screen as it only comes in an IPS version)

Thanks for the kind words about my modded beada screen. 

As for TFT VS IPS. 

I think the IPS for the extra 20 is better and worth it for a few reasons. One being the colors will prolly be more accurate. The 7 inch beada panel I got didnt have a ips option. If it did I would of got it. I found that the color was off quite a bit when trying to match colors to my monitor. The RGB color codes I had to use for my sensor panel to match my wallpaper were VERY different. It was off by alot!  Another benefit is the IPS panel will have much better viewing angles which might look alot better if using the screen in a case where you are not always looking at the screen dead on.

At the end of the day the TFT isnt horrible tho. I still like myn alot. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:50 PM, Calibos said:

TFT screens always have weird colours and weird viewing angle issues - some more than others. The best ones can be pretty good, but IPS is generally a better technology, it's definitely worth the $20 more.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 10:41 PM, criskoe said:

The 7 inch beada panel I got didnt have a ips option. If it did I would of got it.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:50 PM, Calibos said:

This 6.8" inch one is an IPS Panel whereas the 5" one comes in both IPS and TFT screen types. 

I am confused. Calibos said the 6.8" Beada panel is IPS but Criskoe says the 7" Beada panel is not IPS. Is there a 6.8" IPS Beada panel and a 7" TFT panel? This seems unlikely. Can someone clarify this?

17 minutes ago, SpeedyV said:

I am confused. Calibos said the 6.8" Beada panel is IPS but Criskoe says the 7" Beada panel is not IPS. Is there a 6.8" IPS Beada panel and a 7" TFT panel? This seems unlikely. Can someone clarify this?

Yes they are two different screens with different aspect ratios and shapes

The 6.8 inch is a IPS 1280 x 480 widescreen

The 7 inch is a TFT 800 x 480 touch screen 

If you look at the pictures above. Myn is the 7 inch screen with a case I made to sit on my desk. And thehinac's is the 6.8inch mounted in his case. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 4:23 AM, Eric Ho said:

How to mount the panel into the case?  Appreciate your sharing.  Thanks.

3M black double sided tape. I placed it in a way that it over ran off the sides then cut the excess off while it was face down. making sure all sides were perfect so it would be sealed all the way around. Otherwise dust would get in between the screen and the glass. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Mayo0666 said:

Hi Awol, thank-you but anyone knows if there is a way to found it in Europe to avoid to pay the extra taxes when we buy extra-europe products?

If you buy it in Europe, the price will increase to already include the sales taxes.

You either pay them yourself when you import the product, or the retailer passes the cost on to you when you buy the product. Either way, you're paying the taxes, they are not "extra".

Generally you just pay the sales tax + the collection fee by the delivery company. You'll need to find out the information for your country.

In the UK for example, it's 20% for VAT (sales tax) and another £10 or so in fees.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...