DDR5 Memory Clock and Used incorrect

EvolutionVR

I just noticed that my memory speed wasn't showing the OC speeds, and when i went to take the screenshot i saw the usage was a little off also. I'm not on the beta, so i know my CPU usage is wrong too, but when I tried the beta, my sensorpanel got all twisted up and the usage was still wrong anyway. 

Windows 11 22H2
MSI Z790 Carbon Wifi
Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM
AIDA64 version 6.85.6300

image.thumb.png.ef9acd70c00d390e279ea7c02175be64.png

On 2/4/2023 at 10:36 PM, EvolutionVR said:

I just noticed that my memory speed wasn't showing the OC speeds, and when i went to take the screenshot i saw the usage was a little off also. I'm not on the beta, so i know my CPU usage is wrong too, but when I tried the beta, my sensorpanel got all twisted up and the usage was still wrong anyway. 

Windows 11 22H2
MSI Z790 Carbon Wifi
Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM
AIDA64 version 6.85.6300

image.thumb.png.ef9acd70c00d390e279ea7c02175be64.png

I'm not sure what's wrong with the DDR5 clock.  Windows most likely rounds it up to 2800 MHz / DDR5-5600 or uses a fixed BCLK of 100MHz that yields to "nicer" numbers (in MHz).

I'm not sure why there's a bit of a difference in physical memory utilization.  AIDA64 uses Windows API calls to obtain system memory load, so it should match what the Task Manager reports.

As for CPU utilization, if you perform a proper upgrade to the latest beta update, and you activate the last option called "Windows 11 CPU utilization measurement workaround" in AIDA64 / main menu / Preferences / Stability, then it should work.  We've got several feedbacks on that workaround to help to fix the CPU usage anomaly under Windows 11.

• 11 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I was able to fix the CPU utilization issue like you said. But my DDR5 Memory clock is showing incorrectly. It shows as 3000 even though I have my EXPO profile enabled for 6000 and it shows 6000 in the task manager. Will there be a fix for this soon?

I think this is the problem

On 1/13/2024 at 6:20 AM, Shephard said:
because the memory is called DDR (Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory) that is, literally the carrier frequency of 2600MHz is doubled, but the program shows the main line frequency