fixed: UEFI version is not showing (ASRock Z68 Extreme4)

fatal fury

Hello. I registered just to report little bug. Since beta releases of 2.70, and now in 2.80 the software does not show the UEFI version (CPUID, and bookmark motherboard> bios). The problem does not appear in the stable version 2.70 and earlier. Only 2.70 beta (all of them) and now 2.80. The version number field is just empty. My motherboard is Z68 Extreme 4 and the problem occurs with any version of UEFI. Regards

Thank you both for the screen shots.  We've fixed the BIOS version detection bug that affected ASRock motherboards.  Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2306gchywsm6nkzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

• 2 months later...

Problem not solved for everyone! I just installed Aida 62, ver. 2.85.2400, on my Lenovo Y500, and have the same issue. When I check the BIOS information, it says "unknown." New computer, Windows 8, firmware and OS up to date. 8GB memory, 1TB HDD. Screen shot attached.

post-10886-0-54764300-1365554607_thumb.jpg

Problem not solved for everyone! I just installed Aida 62, ver. 2.85.2400, on my Lenovo Y500, and have the same issue. When I check the BIOS information, it says "unknown." New computer, Windows 8, firmware and OS up to date. 8GB memory, 1TB HDD. Screen shot attached.

I'm afraid that may happen in such cases when the UEFI BIOS refuses to emulate the classic system BIOS region with valid data.  The System BIOS Date field shows that the system BIOS is invalid.  We haven't yet found a proper workaround to fix such issues :(